Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have no budget, and wanted a single cab short box 4x4 truck, what one would you guys get?

which one makes the most power the easiest?

12v
24v
CRD
or new 6.7

??????

:peelout

·
Registered
343 Posts
12v plain and simple is the easiest, cheapest, and you can get the biggest power from it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you have no budget, and wanted a single cab short box 4x4 truck, what one would you guys get?

which one makes the most power the easiest?

12v
24v
CRD
or new 6.7

??????

:peelout
i'm confused. no budget or most hp for less money?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Cheap fast reliable, choose two. I'm looking for a 12v myself, standard trans of course, 2 grand put into a stock truck will get me about 400 hp if not more. That's a clutch, 4k spring kit (w/gov spring) cranked star wheel, ground and slid fuel plate, 5+inch exhaust and last but not least head studs w/o-rings. Then, bigger turbo/twins, injectors etc.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
VE's are easier and cheaper to turn up than P-pumps, but have less of an upside and stop being relevant around 400 HP.

VP's and CP3's are easier to "turn up" than the 12 valves, but are a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, so, for cheap power, the 12v is the way to go, but for unlimited budget you would go with a the common rail?

what about the 6.7? is that as good as the 5.9, or is it too early to tell? like longterm durability

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Unlimited budget, I'd go with the 6.7 and help finance the development of an EFI-Live-type-thing for it.

Cheap power, P-pump or VE depending on your goals or how cheap.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
any dodge really.. just check craigslist, and if you find a cheap dodge diesel, in your price range, get it. its that easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts