Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 ram 2500 standard output. I have 407,000 KM on the truck with no engine work performed. I have had the lift pump changed twice with the latest one installed in the tank. I always get my fuel from the same place and go through a 100 litres (26 gallons) per week on average.

The truck was getting hard to start in the mornings after sitting all night. If I went out before going to bed and tried it started right up, then in the morning it started right up. Other than that it ran fine and would start all day long.

I changed the fuel filter and the problem went away.

3-4 weeks later the same issue starts.

I changed the fuel filter and air filter and the problem went away.

3-4 weeks have passed and here we go again. I changed the fuel filter (looks like brand new when I pull it out). The truck started fine this morning.

I park the truck in the garage over night where the temp never gets below freezing. I have looked for leaks and have not noticed any diesel smell in the garage or seen any drips on the floor.

The last time I had the filter out I left the drain open and cycled the pump. It pumped a lot of fuel (maybe a gallon and a half) for one cycle.

Has any one gone through something similar?

Thanks,

Harold

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
My truck was doing that with less on the clock last spring. My cure ended up being injectors. You have a lot of run time and are lucky you got that many without having to replace them earilier.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
was gona say injectors too especially with 400k + on them. but i just dont get mhy changing ur fuel filter every couple of weeks will make ur symptoms go away for a bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts