Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Phat Shaft 62 for dirt cheap. Truck is an 01 6 Speed HO Sport with 4.10s. I already have 100HP injectors, Edge EZ, pusher pump, 5" turbo back, intake.

Whats next? How much power could I feasibly lay down? Pros and Cons of the PS 62? Hopefully wont run out of fuel.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That turbo could handle more fuel, either from injectors or a bigger box. From what I hear it's a good turbo, do you have a clutch? Should be high 400's I'm guessing for power.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That turbo could handle more fuel, either from injectors or a bigger box. From what I hear it's a good turbo, do you have a clutch? Should be high 400's I'm guessing for power.

Thanks for the reply. Id like to look into a bigger box like the Drag Comp, becuase this one defuels really hard when I need it to really come alive being a 6 speed. Its got the biggest/baddest Luk from what I understand.

You think at its current mods it will lay down high 400s or with a bigger box? Also can I run a Drag Comp without doing a wire tap...As oxymoron as it sounds, Id like to get teh most power without it being a time bomb..If its mid 400s then thats fine.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about tapping the pump. Theres lots of guys including me that have many miles on a wire tap. A Drag comp would be a good upgrade but to get all of it I'm sure you now you should tap:). I dynoed at 450 hp with smaller injectors(80hp) but my Juice will fuel a little harder then your EZ so you should be somewhere around that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think you have to worry about tapping the pump. Theres lots of guys including me that have many miles on a wire tap. A Drag comp would be a good upgrade but to get all of it I'm sure you now you should tap:). I dynoed at 450 hp with smaller injectors(80hp) but my Juice will fuel a little harder then your EZ so you should be somewhere around that.

So could be somewhere around the 450 range, but to get that big 500 need a bigger box and have to do the wire tap.

Man o man, decisions. Is there another box that cures the defueling problem on "lower" levels? I like the Comp but needs to have the hot or drag unlocked, and it would be on level "6" to cure the defueling.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I got some what the same truck that you got.I had the smarty,comp, turbo,130hp injectors, and water/meth and put down 430hp on a mustang dyno.I took the comp off and put down 451hp.I have not dynoed with the adrenaline yet.Those HO truck dont like to go over 500hp unless you put on a SO pump

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got some what the same truck that you got.I had the smarty,comp, turbo,130hp injectors, and water/meth and put down 430hp on a mustang dyno.I took the comp off and put down 451hp.I have not dynoed with the adrenaline yet.Those HO truck dont like to go over 500hp unless you put on a SO pump
Any tips or directions to go in your opinion would be appreciated. I will be looking to buy a used Drag Comp if possible, its hard to sneak away with the "momma dont know money". Did your rig start to have any problems? We have a local Mustang Dyno, and its a low readin' heart breaker.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I dont really no what you are looking for but if you are looking for something fun to drive that will make your truck feel like a 600hp truck put a smarty on there.I did dyno 470hp on a dyno jet with a smarty/comp stack.The smarty makes everything come alive

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
My truck might be over 500hp now if you want that put on a adrenaline.My injection pump went out on my truck at 25,000 miles after it was fixed i started putting on peformance mods.I got 108,000 miles on it now and my pump wire has always been tapped with no problems

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont really no what you are looking for but if you are looking for something fun to drive that will make your truck feel like a 600hp truck put a smarty on there.I did dyno 470hp on a dyno jet with a smarty/comp stack.The smarty makes everything come alive
So stack a Smarty with my EZ and just keep it on an even number? Thats what Im looking for..To be able to roll Mustangs and other cars from a dig..A 60 roll is a different story, Ive only been beaten by one other diesel that was a 12V that has twins, so that Im not real worried about, but would love to carry some more RPM, to at least 3-3200 if possible.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Ya i would go with the smarty,I had a regular comp that defuels at 2200 or 2700rpm and the smarty stacked and hit 3500rpms

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
If you get a smarty,just watch it when you frist get on it,cause you will hit 3000rpms in no time.But you will get use to it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you get a smarty,just watch it when you frist get on it,cause you will hit 3000rpms in no time.But you will get use to it

So Smarty/EZ stack over the Drag Comp huh? Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Drag comp smarty stack even better

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Drag comp smarty stack even better
Cant pull both right now..Hell momma dont know I got the PS 62, let alone looking for a bigger box. Shhhhhh:w:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I no how that is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts