Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trucks been acting pretty weird lately. It does the whole double shift thing from 1-2. flares around when shifting gears down low, doesnt shift until I lift my foot off the gas everytime... it could b e 3500 RPMs and it still wont shift until i get out of it, it seems to shift normally in to overdrive... and now 3 times when pulling out the truck has just shut off... i quickly throw it in nuetral and start it back up.. anyone have any ideas... I know the shifting problems are tranny problems, but was wondering if the shutting of trick its doing could be coming from the tranny as well? no check engine lights... nothing... all my gauges are fine.. any help please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
tranny

Mine been doing same thing besides shuttin down part but ya does the second gear hunt an stays in gear till get out of it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
my trucks been acting pretty weird lately. It does the whole double shift thing from 1-2. flares around when shifting gears down low, doesnt shift until I lift my foot off the gas everytime... it could b e 3500 RPMs and it still wont shift until i get out of it, it seems to shift normally in to overdrive... and now 3 times when pulling out the truck has just shut off... i quickly throw it in nuetral and start it back up.. anyone have any ideas... I know the shifting problems are tranny problems, but was wondering if the shutting of trick its doing could be coming from the tranny as well? no check engine lights... nothing... all my gauges are fine.. any help please?
Ther is a silver relay biside valve body and a black one that tells temperature. Replace them and install a transmission cooler with fan under your fender and a external filter. This was my final recipe after four transmission. It stars with first to second and third to four at lite throttle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you got part numbers for those two parts an where to get from

1 - 4 of 4 Posts