Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of the crap with my truck is dying off and i'm in a new truck. My brother bought this 05 honda cbr 1000RR few months back from a dealer, paid cash and got a "clean and clear" title. so he goes to get the plates today and motor vehicles tells him its got a law enforcement lean on it that its stolen. So he takes the bike home and him and my mom head over to the dealership he bought it from with arap county sheriff in tow. He's absolutely livid especially since he just put 400 bucks worth of tires on it, and a bunch of other work. So as it turns out the bike was repo'd in 07 after the owner quit making his $143 payment was sold by the bank to a auction then to another auction in 4days after the repo then the owner reported it stolen...4Days later. Problem is the repo company never reported it to thornton PD which is where it was taken from so 3 years later thornton PD still has it in the system as stolen. Now he has to come up here tomorrow and deal with thornton in hopes he will be able to register it. He does have a legit title but its got a lean from thornton on it.

When he called and told me it was a stolen bike my stomach dropped, figured what are the odds both of us dealing with this crap in a month span. Had my ex's dad already to go incase a lawyer needed to get involved

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
damn, I would make the dealership pay for everything since they are supposed to check everything out before they can sell it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
That is some total BULL$HIT! I guess the dealer just wanted to make a dollar, and not check out the bike before they sold it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dealerships are famous for doing as little as possible on their end to clear titles before reselling them. Back in 97, I turned in an old Toyota in exchange for a lease on an oldsmobile alero and it wasn't a month later, a tow company showed up at my doorstep asking who was going to pay the tow and storage bill for that very same Toyota. I asked them why they were standing on my doorstep bugging me about it when I turned it in to King Olds at the time. I grabbed the tow truck driver's radio and talked to his dispatch directly about it...haven't heard from them since. Nothing short of irritating.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
i really wish they would steal my 1998.5 dually since im not driving it anymore and i cant seem to sell it, insurance money is as good as any :hehe:

edit: and hopefully if they took that truck it would fight them on disassembly so they would be too busy to steal yalls trucks for awhile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts