Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put more mods onto my truck like, DPF Delete, EGR Delete, and possibly adding something like a smarty. But the question I have is should I get a air-dog along with that because my truck seems to shift rough already. And with the edge it dont seem to always "hook up" seems like it slips when I go WOT. Or should I get a stronger clutch I am new to this so I have no idea.

By the way, truck is in the shop for the loud whine I am getting that sounds like its from the turbo and I told them the truck was shifting pretty rough. So the other two people that had the loud whine I will update you tomorrow after the find out the problem, just from a quick drive they thought it was a exhaust leak.

· Registered
841 Posts
I would not stack the XRT with the Edge unless you are just using the Edge for gauges.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the truck back.. it was an exhaust leak some of the bolts were loose and one was missing.

Any help with my questions though?..

· US Army June 78-June 06
1,008 Posts
Does your Edge with Attitude have the timing adjustability? If you can turn your timing off from your Edge then you can stack it with the XRT. You can stack it with the Smarty because you can shut off the timing. Someone that had a Smarty can chime in as I don't know enough about them.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does your Edge with Attitude have the timing adjustability? If you can turn your timing off from your Edge then you can stack it with the XRT. You can stack it with the Smarty because you can shut off the timing. Someone that had a Smarty can chime in as I don't know enough about them.
Yeah it does have the timing adjustability.

Looks like best way to go would be just to get a get a XRT and DPF/EGR Delete kit and use the edge for gauges...expensive ones at that..

Where can I look for aftermarket clutches and how much they cost..?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.