Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've battled electrical issues since day 1 with this truck. 1999 3500 auto. originally wouldn't shift OD ended up being main electrical connector under dash had corrosion causing it to back feed to pcm and cause high app voltage code, cleaned it and fixed the issue. The truck has always seemed to lack power and had a bad idle and diagnosed bad vp44 and just replaced it. Right after I replaced the vp44 I get a low app voltage code P0122: ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL VOLTAGE TOO LOW. kept driving the truck, and now all of a sudden the tach drops to nothing (looses power stays running) and my oil pressure does the same and they both keep bouncing on and off.
I'm now getting P0122: ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR SIGNAL VOLTAGE TOO LOW-P1690 says :Fuel injection pump CKP sensor does not agree with ECM CKP sensor-P0336 crank sensor code-P0522 oil sending unit code-

Any ideas what the issue is? Do the crank sensor and oil pressure share anything?

·
Registered
13,344 Posts
I am guessing you have a short somewhere on the 5v coming from the ecm to the sensors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am guessing you have a short somewhere on the 5v coming from the ecm to the sensors.
Yay lol, idk I might try a new crank sensor for the hell of it. What about AC noise from alternator?

·
Registered
13,344 Posts
doubt it in this case.

I had a sensor fail and short internally and had this exact issue. Get the multimeter out and start looking for shorts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I replaced crank sensor last night and checked voltage at the sensor which was 5v. Crank code is gone now and the tach has been acting normal. I still have low voltage code for app and oil sending unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts