Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, more questions..Is there a concern of any problems arising due to a lack of backpressure with the VGT on these trucks? I am no mechanic, and have always heard that turbocharged motors need no backpressure so I would assume it to be true with this motor also. However, the reason I ask is that on the 6.7 build they did i diesel power, the first thing they did was replace the turbo/manifold for a fixed, non electronic type. Also some guy at work(doubtfully a credible source) said that straight piping these fancy motors was a bad idea due to lack of backpressure.

Next question, how many (trouble free) miles have you accumulated since your DPF and/or EGR delete?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have not really racked up many miles since my delete but I have had no problems and the truck runs great. Mileage is getting there and with the egr delete next weekend it should be great! Oh and mine is straight piped no muffler.:thumbsup

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
I have ran my truck with a 5" straight pipe and EGR delete for over 12,000kms now and my truck runs better then ever.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I am over 8,000 miles with my truck DPF/EGR less. Runs fine and never had a single problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
important question

thanks guys, i am getting excited about ditching the warranty and doing the exhaust.
if you had 1000 bucks to blow would you buy ?
a) pdi 5" tbe and egr delete
b) 4" tbe, mp-8 and egr delete
Does anyone know the performance difference? How about sound is the 5" more mellow?
PEACE
Ron Paul for pres

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
There is a little deeper tone with the 5". Performance wise, without being High HP i dont think you will notice a difference. Maybe a little lower EGTs. 4", MP-8 get my vote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts