Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me if this sounds stupid, But on my 1996 Cummings there is a metal tube that runs air from the intake side of the motor over to the exhaust side, Is that part of the smog and if so can it be plugged off to send a little more air to the intake without causing any problems I would think that it would give me a few more horses. :confused013:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Oh no....he said the "C" swear word

Reactions: dieselnoob89

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
think your talking about the boost reference line. dont touch it, that is where your afc gets its reference and controls how much fuel you get.

but then again, thats on my 97 cummins....your 96 cumminGs may be different, as i am unfamiliar with this elusive cumminGs motor.....

·
Registered
19,094 Posts
Everyone knows that CumminGs is owned by Ford:rof

·
Registered
19,094 Posts
Excuse me if this sounds stupid, But on my 1996 Cummings there is a metal tube that runs air from the intake side of the motor over to the exhaust side, Is that part of the smog
Yes, it is part of the smog, only found on CA engines. Aren't you glad your politicians formed CARB? You get a lower HP engine than the rest of us, plus you have something else in the system to fail and cost you money. Do some searching on EGR delete.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Man, you guys are brutal! If you want to save yourself further embarassment, recomend you do some reading of the tech articles and stuff in the newbie section. This way you will learn the lingo and be able to ask informed, intelligent questions. Not trying to put you down, just some good suggestions.

Also, it sounds like you are referring to the turbo intercooler tubes, which along with the connecting intercooler hoses, provide the highly compressed air, which is generated by the turbo charger and introduced into the intake. This compressed air, injected into the conbustion process, signifigantly increased the diesel engines horsepower and available torque.

If you want to see howmuch power the turbo really makes, try disconnecting one of the intecooler tubes. Just kidding, you really do not want to do that!

Also, just in case you were wondering...Cummins do not use glow plugs!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Again...it blows my mind...How do people not spell that right and still make it to this site...:eek:noz::bdh::zot:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Again...it blows my mind...How do people not spell that right and still make it to this site...:eek:noz::bdh::zot:
right?!?! the address bar even says cummins and yet somehow some squeeze that g in there and screw it all up.

Reactions: dennhop

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Some people got beat up pretty badly in English class for not putting a g on the end of everythin' they wrote. It can be a hard habit to kill even referring to a diesel engine. Some things happen without thinkin' about it and adding a G to a word ending in in's is a habit many have learned in school.

·
Registered
273 Posts
:rof:rof:doh: I see SO MANY CumminGs on Craigslist around my area:spank: They're usually on there for awhile because no one can find them lol...but seriously, how did he find the best Cummins forum with a g throwed off in there...I figured it out, when I type Cummins on my phone it sometimes capitolizes the C and sometimes it throws a G on the end:doh: Dern smart phones, I swear I think my smart phone rides the short bus:S:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Let me google that for you.

The funny part? This site is the first result.

The funnier part? This site is the first result because of some other guy who owned a cumminGs. :hehe:

·
Registered
273 Posts
GuyThunder, fill in your signature too, tell us all about your truck, any mods, wheel and tire size, trim package, wheel base (qclb,sclb,eclb,ecsb) All of this is in case you ask a question about any given topic on your truck, then there will be no questions about what you have. Read all the stickys even in the tech section, they are VERY helpful and have had tens of thousands of views and been revised for corrections as necessary. Sorry but I have no clue about CA trucks. If you want more hp/tq read into "turning" your pump up, advancing your timing, and putting some 4000 rpm springs in it, and a few other odds and ends...my setup in my signature makes 450hp and 1000 ft lbs! Don't forget about your trans if its an auto and clutch if its a stick! Good luck!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is a great site, A guy comes here to ask a question and doesn't get an answer because he miss spelled a word, all he gets is a bunch of guys making fun instead of over looking the spelling and trying to help the guy. So I guess if a guy makes a mistake he isn't welcome to this site. I would also like to think those that tried to help with my question, But I still need an answer. Do you guys think that maybe I should find another sit where I would be more welcome.?
:spank:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i think some people do it just to make us mad (cough) power jokes)
chevy would be a great truck with the cummins in it what do yall think

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
This is a great site, A guy comes here to ask a question and doesn't get an answer because he miss spelled a word, all he gets is a bunch of guys making fun instead of over looking the spelling and trying to help the guy. So I guess if a guy makes a mistake he isn't welcome to this site. I would also like to think those that tried to help with my question, But I still need an answer. Do you guys think that maybe I should find another sit where I would be more welcome.?
we all make mistakes spell check on a phone, or some computers if yall ever looked up the deff. of cumminGs is that its a U.S poet. cummins is a engine just putting my.02 cents in the ring:rof

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey hey hey now calm down:S: I asked the wrong question on duramax forum once and got PAGES of negative responses...It was my first and last post. I Actually sold my duramax and bought another Cummins, or two or three or four:rof Many other forum sites will be VERY rude, so take these FEW comments almost as a hazing and welcome, and a now you know story.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey hey hey now calm down:S: I asked the wrong question on duramax forum once and got PAGES of negative responses...It was my first and last post. I Actually sold my duramax and bought another Cummins, or two or three or four:rof Many other forum sites will be VERY rude, so take these FEW comments almost as a hazing and welcome, and a now you know story.:thumbsup:
I really appreciate all of the come back, But still didn't get an answer on my question, Also I have looked all over for the EGR Delete Kit for my 1996 5.9 Cummins and so far I can't find one. Anybody got an idea of somebody that might carry one for my 1996 5.9.?
:S:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.