Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know people who have had good luck with moog ! grease them if you think you are going to just put in new and drive it without maintenance then it's not going to last .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dude you are making disparaging remarks about Moog without telling what happened to the parts. As a retired Moog Man I can tell you that if the parts are bad Moog will make them right. You can't make comments like that with qualifying the remarks. Grow up. They are a reputable company. Qualify your remarks. Maybe you abused the parts. Is that what happened? Did you buy Moog parts and install them your self or did someone install them and tell you they were Moog. If so did you see the Moog boxes? Tell the whole story.
Ok first off I bought them all from oreilly. Ill attach a receipt to verify. I personally bought them and took them to a reputable shop in my town. Had them installed no issues at all. I daily drive my truck 22 miles one way to work on paved state road 30-55mph. I have 33x12.5x17 with a 3" leveling kit.

The boots on the balljoints tore on lower pass and upper driver. Drivers side now knocks when I pin the wheel to the left turning/parking. Its causing my drivers side front wheel to chop.

One "tie rod" end is loose already on the passenger side. Track bar is iffy. My truck wanders down the road.

Yes i do know that they have a warranty and that they will take care of my concerns. But my problem with MOOG is that my truck lasted just about a year on their product that is made specifically for my style/weight of truck. They didnt last and I'm unsatisfied with their product, point blank. Now i have to buy new set of tires and take time out of my day off to replace this chinese made ****. 😁🙊

Sorry, cant find receipt for balljoints at the moment. They were bought a couple days prior

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I know people who have had good luck with moog ! grease them if you think you are going to just put in new and drive it without maintenance then it's not going to last .
I usually grease my truck every other week

·
Registered
43 Posts
Man thus covid is crazy. In my little town we just got our first case last week. Now we are up to 17. Started when a guy from Florida came up on vacation
Think about how far you can see your breath on a cold morning, that's how this stuff spreads, take good care

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Problem with moog balljoints failing so often, is they are already oversized and before you know it you'll have to tac weld your balljoints in to keep them from falling out.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
I have dyna trac ball joints with over 100k on them, my rig sees a lot of dirt roads. I haul a 4K lbs cab over regularly with it.
Customers come in all the time with just that experience at the shop I use. Universally they have oversize tires and use the rig for towing,carrying a cabover or both. The desert's an hour away and they use them.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Problem with moog balljoints failing so often, is they are already oversized and before you know it you'll have to tac weld your balljoints in to keep them from falling out.
Dynatrac sells knurled bj's for just such an issue.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Dude you are making disparaging remarks about Moog without telling what happened to the parts. As a retired Moog Man I can tell you that if the parts are bad Moog will make them right. You can't make comments like that with qualifying the remarks. Grow up. They are a reputable company. Qualify your remarks. Maybe you abused the parts. Is that what happened? Did you buy Moog parts and install them your self or did someone install them and tell you they were Moog. If so did you see the Moog boxes? Tell the whole story.
Moog used to be good stuff. But since they’ve chosen to value engineer their parts with overseas inferior manufacturing and overseas inferior raw materials they’ve devolved into just a good warranty. Sure most of us can get a warranty replacement on our ball joints or tie rod ends or whatever but that doesn’t cover the labor or the alignment or the downtime we’ll be without what is usually our only vehicle. These stories about moog parts being junk isn’t an outlier anymore. It’s become the norm. Fifteen twenty years ago this wasn’t the case but back then overseas manufacturing still made stuff to the parent company specs. Now overseas owns the brands and the majority of them are junk. They’re a decent warranty with a legacy name on parts designed to get you off the dealership property because when they fail the OEM would rather you buy a new truck than fix your old one. Grow up? We have. The only companies which are today the way you remember moog are under a tenth that size and manufacturing out of their own facility in North America making parts which cost two or three times as much as big box store parts. Cardone used to be another one for reman stuff. Now it’s all reman overseas and rebadged. Even odds whether it’s any better or just barely good enough. But there’s no sense calling it what it used to be anymore. Moog stuff used to be quality. Now it’s just a halfway decent warranty and double the labor cost to install a part which used to last twice as long. It’s become the go to when you can’t afford quality replacement parts or don’t have time to wait for them to come in. It used to be the preferred label. Now it’s the “well that’ll buy me two or three years” option to save up either for a new vehicle or an actual quality replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Carli also cut a moog ball joint in two and founf the same thing. I cant find it anymore.

stock ball joints.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Before you write off your ball joints as bad (im not sure what methods you used to diagnose them, they may in fact be bad) check out the rubber bushing on your steering shaft. Look on EMF's website for an explanation on why mechanics will tell you your ball joints are bad when it's just that stupid rubber bushing. Just because the ball joints rotate easily doesn't mean they're bad. They're just broke in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jacks
21 - 31 of 31 Posts