Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Moog adjustable ball joint

7241 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  ascali
hi, I am about half way done to replace all the ball joints. my problem is that I can't tighten the upper adjustable ball joint( Moog K7448). usually a ball joint has a small hex socket( for size 8 hex key) on the bottom of the bolt to hold the bolt steady but this particular model doesn't seem to have one. How do I tighten them up?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
I know you have this figured out by now, but its under the zert fitting on top.
Another note, originally I was going to leave them loose and drive to the alignment rack but when I tried to drive the truck, it started making a horible noise. We stopped, backed up into the garage, and found that the ball joint had turned and caused the drive shaft to grind on the end of the shaft casing. We had to turn the adjustable joint out and lock it down to drive it. The guy at the shop was able to loosen it and adjust it.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, no..... I end up went to NAPA to get a pair of Dana standard upper ball joints. these 2 Moog adjustable ball joints are still in my garage. well, too late now. already finished all my ball joints. what a silly mistake I made. I should look the top of ball joints. Anyway, many thanks for telling me. I will put them on next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.