Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - Spring Fair 09 Scott Z 2

A big shout out to Eric at Vulcan, Fletcher, and Don M!

The truck made its first this year without a issue. It didn't win and it didn't lose but no where but up to go. I've never been able to spool at the line before, and as you can see a small puff and then it clears right up. Fletcher has really done his homework with this cam.

I was also able to get the Isspro datalogger hooked up. Man is thing sweet. Look at the attached graphs. Pull 1 was with the power turned up and the TST doing pressure level 5. Pull 2 is with the power turned up but with the Smarty doing the pressure level 3. Not much difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
glad to see the monster is up and pulling again

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
somebody needs to chip in and get a water truck. nice run

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,032 Posts
Wow..that thing must be tuned awesome. You have a lot less smoke then what I remember your truck putting out before. Very nice job man..I really like your truck and it is good to see it hitting the track again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Looks awesome! I like black smoke and everything but, i like how it barely puts it out and I bet it still makes a ton of power!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really can't believe how strong it is compared to before and alot let power. Its a great combination so far. I haven't dyno'd it but am very curious.

I've never been able to spool in 4xlow at the line before a pull. It did it so effortlessly.

I need to get the traction issues worked out and it will be pretty competitive. Lots of wheel speed on a very lose track = not a big winner! LOL. I didn't air down.

Did you guys see the graphs from the datalogger in post 1? The data is going to be awesome in the coming months!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice Scott, good to see it back up again you thinking of adding any water to bring those EGT's down?

You certainly need water on that track :confused013:

BBD

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hey i have a question and please dont think im dumb ha but why do race trucks and pull trucks dump so much smoke? i was watching a thing on tv about it and they said there is a certian way the smoke should come out of the stack? i just wanna know why that is?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Scott, good to see it back up again you thinking of adding any water to bring those EGT's down?

You certainly need water on that track :confused013:

BBD
Scott,
You saw the graphs huh?
Not sure why the temps are high, but possible answers are that the top turbo exhaust housing is too small, the gate is too small, or I have added too much duration. I've got a few more sensors to get on the datalogger to see what the drive pressures are doing. That should tell me what the real issue is. If backpressures are fine, then I have a duration issue, which means squirt water away! I haven't turned the kit on yet, but its just a switch a way.

I plan on my next back to back pull... one run without water and a run with water so that people can see the direct result per the sensors.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
someone needs to adopt the idea of that distance meter on the sled around here they never have one

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
freakin awesome man:thumbsup::headbang:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just wanted to share with you the video of the last pull. The truck is coming along nicely. Outside of some high drive pressure issues, the truck is performing well. I need to get the temps down, not happy with 2000* temps. Scares me. This is level 1 Smarty - 700hp.

Enjoy.
YouTube - Scott Z June 27 2009

1 - 14 of 14 Posts