Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious what people think about the three pumps im interested in getting one soon and dont know if i should get a monster or a dragon fire or do the p7100 conversion I do alot of sled pullin in the summer and it is my daily driver so any in sight would help Thanx!

· SC Chapter President
938 Posts
I'm a P Pump fan for their reliability and power potential, but I also REALLY like the way a monster makes the truck idle. Thats not something everyones gonna have. I'd vote for the Monster unless you just wanna P Pump it, you'll lose your cruise if you do too, so keep that in mind.

· MI Chapter President
5,431 Posts
Youre going to want twins or a huge single for the Stage 2 "monster pump" Mike also makes a Stage 1 pump for a daily driver that still puts out a good bit of power just out of a pump.

I rode in a stage 1 plus a 62mm charger and it hauled a$$ for being a single charger truck:thumbsup: If you want PM me and Ill get you his number (site is down at the moment) if you want to talk with Mike just to pick his brain a little :thumbsup:

Ian

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats about the price cost on a monster pump im thinking its what i want to run i havent heard too much about the drogon fire and Im thinkin about running an hx40 turbo i want to do hx50 but its probably not the best for daily driving

· Registered
559 Posts
i'd do monster pump if any vp....otherwise you can never go wrong power wise with a p pump.

· Horse Power JUNKIE
1,656 Posts
I wonder how the "street" manors are between a 650-700hp VP truck and Ppump truck, which one can you still jump in and drive across state?

· Registered
6,585 Posts
i didnt realize that was even a question :confused013: :lol4:p pump, HANDS DOWN :headbang:

you can get one to fuel harder, and last longer than any vp out there. and with a $2,000+ price tag on either vp pumps, you could even do it for close to the same price (just depends where you get your pump from and what th has done to it)

· Cummins CrAzY
1,394 Posts
i didnt realize that was even a question :confused013: :lol4:p pump, HANDS DOWN :headbang:

you can get one to fuel harder, and last longer than any vp out there. and with a $2,000+ price tag on either vp pumps, you could even do it for close to the same price (just depends where you get your pump from and what th has done to it)
^^^ I'm with this guy! No matter what name you put on it the vp still has a rotor head diaphragm and electronics that fail, they will always fail. Not if... but when. It was a poor design from the word go. You can polish a turd as much as you want, but its still a turd!!

· Got P7100?
6,489 Posts
No matter what name you put on it the vp still has a rotor head diaphragm and electronics that fail, they will always fail. Not if... but when. It was a poor design from the word go. You can polish a turd as much as you want, but its still a turd!!
:ditto::ditto: Thats why im going p-pump:headbang::headbang:

· PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,630 Posts
No matter what name you put on it the vp still has a rotor head diaphragm and electronics that fail, they will always fail. Not if... but when. It was a poor design from the word go. You can polish a turd as much as you want, but its still a turd!!
x2 on the :ditto::ditto:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.