Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone with HP tuners that could tell me if it’s possible to monitor desired/commanded rail pressure? I’ve searched HP Tuners forums and posted there but haven’t had any luck. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
978 Posts
yes HP Tuners can monitor commanded and actual fuel rail pressure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes HP Tuners can monitor commanded and actual fuel rail pressure.
Sweet. I’ve been able to monitor actual with no problem but can’t seem to find commanded. Are you familiar with how to log commanded? Can’t seem to find it in VCM scanner.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I can try and take a look later at what it's called since I'm at work. I know for a fact it does it though as I have logged it many times :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I'll browse around some more that I know it's not a lost cause. I thought I had tried to log every commanded/desired fuel rail pressure monitor available, all with blank/no results. If you end up getting spare time, I'd greatly appreciate how to find it. I'll update this if I end up finding it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I definitely don't mind, just work for another couple hours and then depending on how lucky I get with UPS dropping off my one wheel and a new tire to get mounted. Had a sidewall get ripped open Sunday. Once that's done happy to take a look. So definitely this evening sometime.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thank you so much. I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to try to get some things done on the truck. As in one wheel, are you referring to the one wheel electric boards?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nope, this went right through my side wall lol. Was fun times.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geeeesh! What the heck is that thing?

·
Registered
978 Posts
One of those marker lights on the side of the road. Can see where they painted over it in white. Not sure what person thought designing those with 4 sharp point ends was smart. 😁.

·
Registered
757 Posts

Hptuners definitely can Monitor rail pressure. Thought it was under fuel system tap. Can’t remember for sure . I’d look but I don’t have access to the laptop. Out of town for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
There it is! I couldn't remember if the naming was that simple or not.

On the latest version of vcm I sometimes have to connect and then disconnect and connect again to get everything to show up. Not sure if it's me or something they did.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh wow, I don’t see a lot of those channels to log. I do recall something about changing the OS to be capable of logging additional parameters. Maybe the OS is preventing me from seeing the additional channels. My laptop just died so I’ll have to wait until I get home this afternoon to investigate further.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does this look familiar too either one of y’all? Did you have to do this to log desired?

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just got done attempting to create a new stock file and change the OS and reflash. After doing so I still only have these options for channels to log

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mm odd, I’m not the one doing the tuning on my truck, but I watched as the guy flashed a tune into my truck the frist time . I don’t recall him doing anything to the os. Perhaps Steve would know . I’ve also never data logged with a stock ecm file . Don’t know if that would change anything.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've monitored it on stock, it's there. Are you on the latest update for VCM? I had to manually update mine as it told me no updates but I was actually a few versions behind. I'm on 4.6.3 at the moment.

I also like mentioned have to connect, disconnect, connect to get all the PIDS to show.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mm odd, I’m not the one doing the tuning on my truck, but I watched as the guy flashed a tune into my truck the frist time . I don’t recall him doing anything to the os. Perhaps Steve would know . I’ve also never data logged with a stock ecm file . Don’t know if that would change anything.
I originally tried with my tuned files. I decided to try with a stock file since the tuned files are “locked” didn’t know if that would effect it or not. Is Steve a support guy for HP Tuners?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I originally tried with my tuned files. I decided to try with a stock file since the tuned files are “locked” didn’t know if that would effect it or not. Is Steve a support guy for HP Tuners?
No he’s not . Steve05ram360 is who I was referring to. He’s a member on here. He tunes his own truck with Hptuners . I was thinking maybe he would know more. Try the things no sympathy said. And make sure your vmscanner is up to date .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Didn’t see your response earlier nosympathy, I was running 4.4.4. Updated and connect/disconnect/reconnect and it populated all the new channel logs. Thank y’all for the help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts