Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
what mods do I need to do to my truck if I want to run like b40 in my truck?

2008 3/4 stock 6.7 6sp auto
While I am not going to taddel or anything but your warranty is only good to B5, Cummins oks B20 for industrial engines with extra filtration. If you are going to run biodiesel you really don't need to do anything but I would watch the fuel filter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup, B5 is the safe bet. Depending on how many miles you have on your truck already, you may be changing out the fuel filter a few times as the Bio will do one heck of a job on cleaning out the buildup in your fuel lines and system!

·
Registered
124 Posts
A few things I'm concerned about, that you may want to check out be for running Bio through your 6.7:

1. Poor fuel quality (Bio that is made poorly and does not meet spec, i.e. excessive water in fuel)

2. Turnover rate is slow, or "bubble washing" is used (causes fuel to oxidize and lowers PH)

3. CR high pressure and polymerization of the fuel

All three points can cause fuel system failure, which is quite expensive to fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
more concerns about biodiesel

hey guys, im new to the site, im pretty interested in running my cummins on biodiesel. A few questions, i read in some articles that biodiesel is bad for engines with high mileage because it does a great job at cleaning all the build up that has occured over the years? so my 01 has 212k miles, do you think running biodiesel would be ok? also, have any of you guys tried making your own biodiesel? if so , any tips? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
hey guys, im new to the site, im pretty interested in running my cummins on biodiesel. A few questions, i read in some articles that biodiesel is bad for engines with high mileage because it does a great job at cleaning all the build up that has occured over the years? so my 01 has 212k miles, do you think running biodiesel would be ok? also, have any of you guys tried making your own biodiesel? if so , any tips? thanks
:welcome: Since you have some miles on your truck start with B5 or B20 and work your way up to B100. This will stagger the amount of crap heading to your fuel filter. Adding another fuel filter down stream would also not be a bad idea in you plan on running biodiesel a lot. As far as making your own, I have not but I am working on getting the necessary equipment to do it soon.

check out:
Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
12v engine from a 98 should do the trick.

I dont think you need any mods. What you need to be sure of is the titration process and how clean the diesel is. if you can not be 101% sure that it is clean and is pure diesel than i would not run it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts