Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the diesel world. I want to get an AFE intake. I was browsing the web sight to get more information. From what I can see, there are four different ones to choose from. Point me in the right direction please. Since I am on the subject of adding mods, what about a programmer. The Edge Products Juice w/ Attitude Monitor is one of my choices. I have also read that if you modify too much, then the tranny is next. I really do not want to modify that much. I would like a little mor power. By the way, I have a 2007 6.7L Dodge MegaCab 4X4. Thanks for all your advice

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You will be fine to run just the Edge. As long as you are not doing boosted launches an Auto will hold just fine. The manual clutch will not hold much more then the edge but should be fine if thats what you have.

If you go with the aFe, get the one with the Pro Dry Filter. Its reusable but doesnt require it to be oiled. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
id consider doing your intake and exhaust first and be sure and have proper guages for chipping/programer

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definatley will be doing the AFE intake. What type of exhaust should I look at?
In regards to the CAI, I am looking at the stage 2 Dry Filter.:peelout

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got the afe stage 2 with the dry filter and I really like it. Can hear my turbo now and getting a little better mileage.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Look at either H&S or BADP for their DPF delete Turbo Back Exhausts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts