Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the diesel world. I want to get an AFE intake. I was browsing the web sight to get more information. From what I can see, there are four different ones to choose from. Point me in the right direction please. Since I am on the subject of adding mods, what about a programmer. The Edge Products Juice w/ Attitude Monitor is one of my choices. I have also read that if you modify too much, then the tranny is next. I really do not want to modify that much. I would like a little mor power. By the way, I have a 2007 Dodge MegaCab 4X4. Thanks for all your advice

·
Banned
516 Posts
get a smarty...cant go wrong with a smarty!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I am new to the diesel world. I want to get an AFE intake. I was browsing the web sight to get more information. From what I can see, there are four different ones to choose from. Point me in the right direction please. Since I am on the subject of adding mods, what about a programmer. The Edge Products Juice w/ Attitude Monitor is one of my choices. I have also read that if you modify too much, then the tranny is next. I really do not want to modify that much. I would like a little mor power. By the way, I have a 2007 Dodge MegaCab 4X4. Thanks for all your advice
I don't know much about AFE, I have a few buddies runnin them and they seem to like them, I like my S&B, I have ran them on both my Cummins and like them a lot, also have a buddy runnin one on a D-Max, he also likes his, for the price the S&B is a great buy and has great flow and filtration, as stated before the Smarty is great but it sounds like you want more "safe" power, for a all in one power added the Edge J/A is great, I had one on my 01 and I had one on my 06 before I got my Smarty (didn't have any problems with it just wanted more hp ) The edge is great but will still kill a stock tranny if you don't play nice, runnin it on higher levels with backdown off and doing boosted launches, but if you treat you truck nice and just use level 1-3 with the a little 5 every now and then, I really miss my Edge with the Attitude and all the safety and turbo timmer, etc... it was great.

I have mine for sale on ebay, $500 reserve :w: I payed $950 for the chip, pillar mount, and hot upgrade, that not with tax either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MZ--
Can you point me to the link for your ebay item. I could not find it. Is it for the 2007 6.7 litter truck? If so, I will probably buy it.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
MZ--
Can you point me to the link for your ebay item. I could not find it. Is it for the 2007 6.7 litter truck? If so, I will probably buy it.
Sorry, I didn't think you had a 6.7, there is a 6.7 perf part section you should check out but I still vote for the edge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.