Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the long term effects of having a programmer(s), intake and exhaust on these trucks. I run my trucks to 300,000 miles in about 4 or 5 years then trade them in. All of them bone stock until this one and no mechanical problems. With all of the above mentioned will it reduce the reliability and longevity. Thanks

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
What is the long term effects of having a programmer(s), intake and exhaust on these trucks. I run my trucks to 300,000 miles in about 4 or 5 years then trade them in. All of them bone stock until this one and no mechanical problems. With all of the above mentioned will it reduce the reliability and longevity. Thanks
Not if you dont over do it.

Say like : Dont stack tuners, dont run bigger injectors on stock pump, get bigger intercooler so you have more air to the more fuel your adding. and ect.

You should be fine, just dont over do it.:thumbsup

Also go mild if your going to tow alot so your egt's wont get out of hand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
man our work trucks are all stock and all cummins at 200k they're powerless piles and had tons of injection replacement parts. Glad to see you figured out how to keep them fresh. I agree with 67. Do the things that will improve its performance like cold air a tuner and intercooler I would do the dpf delete but you probably don't want to mess with your warrenty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts