Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I found some talk about modifying my airbox by drilling a 3 1/2" hole in the firewall and a hole in the airbox and pipe with rv hose. There is positive feed back on this mod, but will it increase my mpg , will the air be too cold when it is -10f and how much louder will it be. Any feedback before I start hole sawing?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Wrong Wrong Wrong...just install a open style filter and its all good. try sreaching BHAF Big Honking Air Filter. Best flow, no need to be cut and drilling.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Wrong Wrong Wrong...just install a open style filter and its all good. try sreaching BHAF Big Honking Air Filter. Best flow, no need to be cut and drilling.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
quadropple post??? wtf:hehe:

the search button does amazing things

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Holy smokes...Im not sure what happened there, Just my 2 cents anyways.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I searched BHAF. I think this is the way to go. I will remove the airbox and put on a napa 2790 I will bend some 1/8 alm. plate for a heat sheild. Done. This system seems as good as a after market cold air intakes.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ok, I searched BHAF. I think this is the way to go. I will remove the airbox and put on a napa 2790 I will bend some 1/8 alm. plate for a heat sheild. Done. This system seems as good as a after market cold air intakes.
:agree2: BHAF's are the only way to go on these trucks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Before a chip you'll have to take care of your stock fuel system. You'll need to upgrade your lift pump and get a fuel pressure gauge. Otherwise you could take out you injection pump and that will cost you 1200 bucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before a chip you'll have to take care of your stock fuel system. You'll need to upgrade your lift pump and get a fuel pressure gauge. Otherwise you could take out you injection pump and that will cost you 1200 bucks.
ok thanks. I did not know that. What is the differance between a stock lift pump and a upgraded pump. And what brand do I buy.

If get the edge juice, I think it has a feul pressure gauge.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You are correct, edge has fp gauge.

For an after market lift pump look up raptor/airdog/fass.
In that order too..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get a diablo power puck..cheap 50horses and you dont have to upgrade your lift pump..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts