Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I liked the original manual TC lock very much. But, I was not fond of manually unlocking it in traffic.

Here's a simple way to unlock the TC automatically. When the brakes are applied, the TC unlocks at the same time.

It involves the use of 2 relay contacts. One contact holds the relays closed when the (added) PB switch is released. The second relay contact is placed in series with the original lockup switch.

The ground side of the relay coils are connected to the wire that provides power to the small brake lite on the cab roof. When the brakes are applied, the ground side of the relay coils is raised to 12v. This action stops the flow of current thru the coils and the relays drop out and unlock the TC. The amount active relay coil current is insufficient to lite the brake lite.

I used Radio Shack automotive relays. Unfortunately, they are only available as single pole relays. If you can find a suitable 2 pole relay, use it. It will save you the trouble of wiring in 2 individual relays.

Let the questions begin.

Circuit1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry to bring up the dead, but can somebody either post up a larger picture of that diagram or email it to me @ [email protected] ?? I can't seem to do so with my own computer, prob doing something wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts