Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Inquisitive
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any mod friendly dealers in the state?

I figure if I break down and buy a new one, I'd go to one who is.

The one in Covington said that as long as any mods don't affect what it may be serviced for, they don't care.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
They say that, until you bring it in

But i have had no problems with Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, and i hear the Dealership in Jenning's is Mod Friendly but i have not personaly delt with them

·
Registered
267 Posts
Acadiana Dodge did me a solid once... here is my spiel. Always had good service with them

Did an install on the push button starter and everything seemed to work fine. I had cut the violet/brown ignition wire and wired me a bypass, couple of male/female butts connecters wired to the kick panel and taped up really good, but left unconnected. This was so that the switch would not work, just the button, but if the button failed, pull the kick panel, untape, plug in and bam.... key works.

Well, a couple of weeks after wiring it up, noticed the backup lights were not working. Me and a bud spent two days trouble shooting and discovered no power coming out of the TIPM (power module). We figured it was either a bad TIPM or the backup light switch, which is intergrated into the tranny by the way.

Figured well, Ill let the dealership hunt it down. Talked with the service manager and told him the mods I had to the truck, he was really great and said if what I modded did not cause any damage they would warranty whatever failed. Well extended warranty anyway, Im 41000 in. Now Ive got full deletes, Smarty, and plenty of radio and electrical mods too. This was back when I had the Edge/Smarty Stack

Well Acadiana Dodge spent over 40 hours trying to determine what was wrong. I had several in debt discussion with the tech, who was great also in trying to figure out what was wrong. The TIPM was replaced, it was defective but did not fix the problem. When the TIPM was replace though, the truck went bee-zerk. NO communication between the tranny and the control modules. It would start in gear, not register what gear it was in, show erratic speeds at park. Just went crazy. The tech spent 4 days sorting it out. They finally came to the conclusion that the Edge may have malfunctioned and caused all the hoorah.

Well, they did do me right though, they unhooked the Edge, replaced the TIPM again, and the tranny control module. Got everything working, and WARRANTIED it! The did tell me that if I put the Edge back on and it caused more trouble that I was on my own. I cant say enough about the service I received at Acadiana Dodge, it was above and beyond first rate. They could have stuck me with a bill of well over 3000 dollars, but just charged me the deductible of the extended warranty, 2, yes, just two, hours of the 40 somewhat they worked on it, and tax... a grand total of 318 bucks.

Anyway to finish this long winded post, my bud and I were finishing uninstalling the EJA and I noticed that the tech had left my switch bypass plugged in. I unplugged it an taped it back up. When backing out the shop guess what.... NO BACK UP LIGHTS!

Plugged it back in and everything works perfect. I guess it was my fault after all.... At least they took care of me.

·
Inquisitive
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.

It seems most dealers will always do that, "blame the programmer."

You'd think they would have checked your push button mods first.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yea a buddy of mine had 112,000 and his fuel pump(in tank) went out and we were half way to opelousas so we pulled it to acadiana dodge and they were great! Said that they would cover it cause he was close. Then he told him the tank was plum full of red and they said there was nothin they could do. They fixed it, charged him, and ended up puttin all the fuel they emptied in a 55 gal drum. Not bad at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts