Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the MM3 tuner on my 05... And I have no change in Egt's and fuel mileage!! When you guys change levels do you see rail pressure go up or anything? Cause thinking mins not changing!!! Any way to tell??

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
There is no guarantee your fuel mileage will increase. When do you notice no change in EGTs, flat ground, towing, hills? What are your EGT numbers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just normal driving still seeing 900-1000. Haven't towed yet not sure if I want to!!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Is normal driving like around town stopping at stop lights and then hitting 900-1000° when accelerating? Is normal driving cruising down the highway at 60 mph? Are seeing 900-1000° when driving down a road at 35 mph?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol sorry 65 mph seeing that. No matter what level I have the tuner on in town driving can see up to 1200

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
900-1000° is a little warm for cruising down the highway. By no means are you getting too hot, but it should be a little lower. Have you talked with your tuner about it? It wouldn't hurt to verify you have no boost or exhaust leaks and your air filter isn't plugged up.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Where is the probe? My stock 16’ is seeing 750-800 on egt 1 in the downpipe. Just cruising. Not sure if it’ll go Higher with a trailer behind it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine preturbo

·
Trying to learn
5,861 Posts
How old is the EGT probe? When they burn up they show crazy temps.
Shouldn't 65mph cruising EGT be more like 3-400º less? or are his higher due to year and mods?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure there aren’t any boost leaks or leaks in the exhaust manifold/turbo. I just spent $132 to machine the turbo flange and bd pulse manifold flange to knock off .017 to get it all level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brand New only 4 days old lol that's what I think the temps should be to

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Make sure there aren’t any boost leaks or leaks in the exhaust manifold/turbo. I just spent $132 to machine the turbo flange and bd pulse manifold flange to knock off .017 to get it all level.
Oh really that's not good guess for sure I be checking mine..I don't see any exhaust soot around any joints

·
Registered
195 Posts
Quick question, on the tuning are they custom tunes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes they are

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so check for boost leaks well that failed lol replace intake gasket tested it up to 50psi no leaks check exhaust side no leaks took to work and Egt's still up there.. but watching my rail pressure and highest it goes up to is 14500. Checked codes and I got P0234 over boost.. thinking the tune is not boost fooling and keeping it detuned ?? Is that a chance?

·
Registered
654 Posts
That overboost code will defuel it from what i understand. You're tuner should be able to manipulte this so it does not throw this code. I had some issues with this before i was using hp tuners. Now all good. That's where i would start anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That overboost code will defuel it from what i understand. You're tuner should be able to manipulte this so it does not throw this code. I had some issues with this before i was using hp tuners. Now all good. That's where i would start anyway.
Ok cool thanks was wondering about that.. Turner guy just sent me a new file to try so hope it's fixed now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts