Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, good evening. I recently downloaded the MM3 auto updater software and attempted to let it update my MM3 firmware. My reason for doing this is to take advantage of the new features, one of which is enabling fog lights to remain on with high beams.

The firmware update seemed to go well, but when I took the microSD card back out to my truck, that is where the problem began. It tries to install the new firmware, and gets through 2 of the 4 updates but then states it times out. It tells me to unplug the OBD cable but doing that and plugging back in just makes the MM3 flash red twice, green once, red twice..

To get it to attempt the update/install again, I have to unplug the OBD, unplug the microUSB from the MM3, remove the microSD, reinstall the microSD, plug the microUSB back in, and plug the OBD back in. Then it just does the same thing.

See pics attached. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed forward? I'm worried my SD card has been corrupted (yet again...I went through 2 SD cards back in October when first getting her set up).

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

I figured it out. It was another damn faulty SD card. Really weird that it crapped out on me. I took a fresh one, used the MM3 Auto Updater to just put the firmware on, then dragged over my CSP file into the appropriate folder and it worked just fine.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. Just a heads up for anyone doing the firmware update to start with a clean SD card if you have one (of course as long as you have a backup of your tune file).

Thanks,
Mike

·
Joe @ Dude’s Diesel Performance
1,199 Posts
UPDATE:

I figured it out. It was another damn faulty SD card. Really weird that it crapped out on me. I took a fresh one, used the MM3 Auto Updater to just put the firmware on, then dragged over my CSP file into the appropriate folder and it worked just fine.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. Just a heads up for anyone doing the firmware update to start with a clean SD card if you have one (of course as long as you have a backup of your tune file).

Thanks,
Mike
Glad you got it fixed. In my experience I've had really good luck with the SanDisk Extreme micro sd cards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was looking at the updates and the new features look awesome, but thought I had read that if the version is old enough then I'd need a tune update. Anybody seen any more info on update requirements/process?

·
Joe @ Dude’s Diesel Performance
1,199 Posts
I was looking at the updates and the new features look awesome, but thought I had read that if the version is old enough then I'd need a tune update. Anybody seen any more info on update requirements/process?
Downloads ? MM3

Just download the update agent.

·
Registered
196 Posts
On topic, I used the update agent and after putting the card back into the MM3 it tells me there is a "New Feature" but I need to "Retune" the vehicle on the Main screen.

How do I go about re-tune the vehicle without screwing anything up? Can anyone point me to instructions online? I bought the truck with this MM3 tuner installed and have NO support and no idea who it was that wrote the tuning installed. I don't want to take my truck out of service by doing something wrong and messing up this setup until I can switch my tuning over to an EFI setup. I went to Update Firmware and it said the firmware is up to date so I am confused. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just reflash your tune to take advantage of any changes the update may provide.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks, I did the reflash and it took hold.

One other question, does anyone know how to get rid of the constant code being set on my truck. "MAP Sensor Performance" consistently sets on higher level settings 3 or higher or when I tow with the truck. I have a Pusher Compound setup with an MM3. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks, I did the reflash and it took hold.

One other question, does anyone know how to get rid of the constant code being set on my truck. "MAP Sensor Performance" consistently sets on higher level settings 3 or higher or when I tow with the truck. I have a Pusher Compound setup with an MM3. Thanks

Do you tune yourself or get it tuned by someone? If yourself, use Warp to turn off the code or get a different MAP sensor with a higher range and re-scale in Warp. If you don't, talk to your tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts