Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the way they wired mine is you have to use the switch to turn it on and not the ignition. He said he always does it this way but is this the best way to work? I read the book that says this could cause problems with the computer. Is mine done right or does it really matter?

Thanks for the help again!

·
Registered
79 Posts
You should have it jumped into and ignition wire with the provided wires

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
743 Posts
You just need that wire and connector that hooks up in the fuse box.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what I was thinking. Not sure why he did it that way. Does it take more time to wire it that way?

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you do it what I consider the "proper" way and hook it in the fuse box it takes 5 minutes. But you'll need the wires and little fuse thing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That makes more sense to me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
You could probably just wire it into the ignition, but I hate messing with wires like that so I would never do it. If you don't have the wires and stuff you need just phone h&s and talk to them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If I remember right the instructions tell you which fuse, in the fuse box under the hood, to tap into. There is a hot side and a cold side to that fuse, use a volt meter to see which is which or just try both sides. The proper side is the one that turns the MM on and off when you turn your key. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
734 Posts
^^^ this is correct. You need to have the MM properly switched with the ignition. It's worth the 15 minutes to do it right.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Forgive me......but what in heck are you guys talking about?? MM??

·
Registered
640 Posts
MM=MiniMax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.