Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think i'm going to go for the mini max, but have a few questions.

1. how is the customer service
2. how does it tow with programing (tow/haul button, ect.)
3. what egt's are you seeing in town and highway
4. can you set the exhaust brake to come on with the truck
5. Is the screen easy to see in the overhead mount
6. is there a better way to mount it
7. overdrive, is it worth the $
8. anything that you think is cool, or a problem

Thank you for the help, as you all understand this is a chunk of $... just want to make the right decision

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
1. and 9. Great.
2. Since you have an auto, I'll skip.
3. Usually 750* +/- 50* when cruising down the road empty.
4. No.
5. Yes.
6. Depends, but I like it above the mirror.
7. Refer to #2.
8. High idle, but that is because I am a G56 owner and it isn't available from the dealer like the auto. A few different tunes to meet your requirements. Extra gauges to keep track of things. EGT sensor is a plus too!

Amendum to #2. While I have a manual, I have to add that when I did tow, it was flawless. I was on the (to me) noisy .11 version with the stock setting, but did just fine. It was the first time I had towed with it, so I can't compare to anything. Haven't towed with it since.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the customer service is SECOND TO NONE!

·
Registered
377 Posts
H&S is on top of there costumer service I have no complaints at all

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else care to add anything?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Anyone else care to add anything?
I know that if you are worried about losing your warranty maybe you should wait a few miles before you go ahead with the deletes. Not to discredit H&S or anything, but it is a big decision and just making sure you are ready to accept that your powertrain warranty will be gone. As far as the product goes, I love my minimaxx, I LOVE having all my gauges in one spot. I use the window mount and it works just fine for me. Also, if you do plan on getting this setup, I highly recommend you use James from rollinsmokediesel.com. He is THE MAN. I had quite a few questions while installing and called him up several times while underneath the truck, and every single time I got a phone call within 10 minutes guiding me through the steps. I didn't think customer service like that still existed. :hehe:

In all honesty I think if you can put a stout 10k or more miles on your truck without problems your 6.7 should be fine with a MM on it. However, run it on the HOT setting all day and play with it, you will end up spending money on everything else in order to hold that power down. Transmission, head gasket, or more, so play at your own risk.

I did it because I plan on keeping the truck for 500k miles or so. So in the long run I'll save some money on fuel and the engine will run without all that soot being pumped into my oil. It's all personal decision. Good luck with your choice!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just got mine yesterday and if your lookn for a power boost woohoo. I can break loose doing 25 mph it's ridiculous. I love it!!! The customer service is great they helped me with everything needed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think i'm going to go for the mini max, but have a few questions.

1. how is the customer service
2. how does it tow with programing (tow/haul button, ect.)
3. what egt's are you seeing in town and highway
4. can you set the exhaust brake to come on with the truck
5. Is the screen easy to see in the overhead mount
6. is there a better way to mount it
7. overdrive, is it worth the $
8. anything that you think is cool, or a problem

Thank you for the help, as you all understand this is a chunk of $... just want to make the right decision
1. 10 out of 10 Also Rollin smoke diesel James is a 10 out of 10 in CS
2. Mine tows like a bull way less EGTs than the stock set up T/H works great
3. Around 6-800 around town and highway
4. Mine stays on sometimes ?
5. I like the OH mount easy to see and out of the way does hit the RV Mirror
6. Refer to #5
7. Worth every $$$$$$$
8. EGTs went way down gas milage went up :party018:
Best mod I have done for my truck the change oil indicator came about 2300 miles later than it did stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts