Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the truck back together after 2 months of it being down.. decided that i wanted to install a Mitchell dual disc while i had the motor tore down and out of the truck just for the ease of sticking it in.. finally got the adjustments done on the pressure plate, and was satisfied with the way it was releasing and working.. but then drove the truck about 15 miles and lost all use of the clutch! it was as if i didnt have anything in there! i could stick the tranny in any gear and let the pedal all the way out, and we werent going anywhere! so i pulled everything out last night, and the fingers on the pressure plate came WAY out of adjustment.. has anyone else had this issue?? im not going to stick this thing back in if its going to keep doing this.. anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this? thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the long post! :lol3:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any ideas anybody??

·
Registered
93 Posts
did you tighten the lock strap bolts on the adjusters on top of the pressure plate? i and a few friends run mitchell clutches and i never had a problem with mine yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
also forgot to add if you dont have an instructon sheet i think that enterprise engine has the instructions posted right on their web site.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, we followed those instructions on the website.. yes we torqued those bolts to 20 ft lbs like they said to on the site, but it still ''readjusted'' itself.. last night, i redid everything, so do you think that this will happen again? i just dont want to have to pull everything back apart for the same problem...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Weasel, I just went and looked on thier web site, that is a 13 inch long pressure plate, the lock straps that go on the top hold the adjusting nuts in place and secure them, look at the lock straps, if they are flat put a slight bend in the middle of the strap so that they are sitting up a little on each side where the 2 bolts go, that will put more pressure on the adjusting nut, another way is to use a punch and ding the adjusting nut and eyebolt.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked them out, and the straps are bent like you say they need to be... i didnt get a chance to get any pics, but i will try to tomorrow to let you see how this one looks..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.