Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that Mo requires you to get inspected? WTF How many you are running straight pipe down here near Springfield? What are you doing to pass the inspection? As I see it now I have to go back up to ND and hollow out my cat and have it put back on before I move back down here for good in a month.

Anyone have any tips on the best way to remove the crap in the cat???? any info would be great, thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
There Not That Stricked Never Had Any Probs

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey buddy...its southern Missouri...lol They might stick it to you in city limits...but go to a whole in the wall joint, like over in Monet or Aurora, and they will "Forget" to check it...lol And if that doesnt work, cut out a section of your exhaust that is the same length as the CAT, band clamp it up there, get checked, go home, take it off....just an idear...lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm sure it's just to check the VIN. When I moved to Kansas, I had to take my truck to the Sheriff's Office just for VIN verification. Other than that, it went pretty easy.

·
Registered
861 Posts
hey im in jersey and i gotta do it every year. didnt get any sh!t for my straight pipe this year they didnt even look at the exhaust and this is jersey!!1 they are usually strict as hel!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think he might be worried because his truck would have come equipped with a Cat. But like i said...its southern missouri...we dont know what catalytic means...lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yea I'm back in PA gettign my truck inspected because I get ti done for free but they do ti every year here and I have it straight piped and there are no problems. I really don't think many people are going to think twice. Places like John's 4x4 in billings won't care about any of it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did some lookin around and every inspection place has a list of crap they look for and the cat is one of them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i went to a place in town and they wouldnt pass me cause of my stacks. So i just went to some lil hole shop out in the country and they spent more time BS with me about my truck than inspecting it. Had no problems getting passed there

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you go?? I am not asking you to post it but send me a pm please thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's all about where you go, man. I have a buddy who got the full meal deal: They gigged him on brakes, suspension, steering components, lights, horn... Those are usually the folks who're thinking they'll get a coupla grand worth of work out of you. My mechanic just gave me the sticker when I pulled up out front -- never even pulled it into the bay.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what I need to find!! someone to hook me up haha

·
Registered
317 Posts
All you need is a muffler on the '06, but most places dont care.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I live in northwest mo and all I have to do is pull in and make sure the obvious, lights work. Just find a small town mechanic and he will pass it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts