Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the truck has ran fine for 4k miles since ive done any performance mods.. the truck has
-40 horse rv injectors
-quadzilla adr
-fass 150gph pump
-stock inj pump
-4 in exhaust

i had my adrenaline on setting 10 and mashed the throttle to the floor and it poured the black smoke out til it started to spool and breath and went to missing and surging.. usually runs 38-40 psi.. the boost would go up to 25-28 and start fluctuating with the miss.. i then looked at the fuel pressure and it would also fluctuate with the miss and hold between 13-18 psi.. when i put the adrenaline on stock setting i couldnt notice the miss.. when i got home i shut the truck off and bumped the starter and as far as i know the fuel pump should kick on.. well the fuel pump relay would pulse on and off about 3-4 times within about 2 seconds and not stay running.. and ideas before i tear into it??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i found the problem.. unplugged the quadzilla adr box and i could hear something jiggling around in there.. so i took the 2 screws out of the front of it and pulled the board out.. i see the problem.. there is a big white resistor soldered to a little yellow round thing.. not sure what that is.. but where the yellow thing is soldered to the board it is broke off.. good quality quadzilla parts.. and i really dont feel like contacting quadzilla and hear the runaround.. im sure they would help me out.. but how hard is it to re-solder it on there.. ill post some pics if i can find a camera..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres what it looks like broke.. pic quality sucks.. i dunno much bout cameras.. but i soldered it and back running as good as ever..

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
quadzilla would have fixed that under warrenty for free i am sure

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im sure they would have.. but i wasnt interested in the turnaround time for something simple like this.. this could be something people could look for that are beyond their warranty if they run into the same symptoms..

·
Registered
122 Posts
hmm, My quad started bucking after i took the truck down a logging road... I wonder if mine has come loose...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts