Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch what happens when a stock diesel intercooler tries to keep up with one of our performance aluminum intercoolers! This test proves that Mishimoto intercoolers can handle the pressure, and keep pushing the limits!

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Thanks,
Tyler Sylvester

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I would expect an aluminum intercooler to hold more pressure than a plastic... +1 to the stock metal end test

·
Vendor
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are not comparing apples to apples, use a stock intercooler with metal end caps and see how they hold up.
I would expect an aluminum intercooler to hold more pressure than a plastic... +1 to the stock metal end test
This test was intended purely as a stress test to show the advantages of our cast aluminum end tanks over plastic end tanks. Both intercoolers are for a 6.0L Powerstroke, so we are showing you the benefits of upgrading to one of our intercoolers.

The strength of our intercoolers is just one of the many reasons to purchase one. Our intercoolers also provide lower air intake temps, reduced pressure loss, and more efficient heat dissipation. If you want to see this data, check out our engineering reports on our website. They can be found on the product pages for these intercoolers! :)

We also have several customers who are running 100psi+ on our intercoolers, and have nothing but positive things to say about them! On top of that, all of our products come with a lifetime warranty!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tyler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts