Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever experienced what feels like a "misfire"? I've been feeling this intermittenly on my stock 2008. It happens right around 1600 RPM, either accelerating, cruising, or decelerating. It's just for a split second, weird. I've never had a CEL or code. 27K miles.

Any ideas? :confused013:

· Registered
947 Posts
Has anyone ever experienced what feels like a "misfire"? I've been feeling this intermittenly on my stock 2008. It happens right around 1600 RPM, either accelerating, cruising, or decelerating. It's just for a split second, weird. I've never had a CEL or code. 27K miles.

Any ideas? :confused013:
I just made a post about this. I got the same thing. Seems to happen more when cold and in between shifts. Im stock too. Had it at the dealer but thier tech said it was running just fine.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last night it happened to me accelerating (moderately) through 1400 rpm, 4th gear.

I've felt a similar surge, or better described as a skip, while deccelerating with EB. This morning I was braking with EB and pedal brakes and when the engine hit 1600, its like the EB opened up or something...as if the engine didn't want to slow down! I don't think it's a big deal, just strange.

· Registered
3,516 Posts
there is a hiccup in the dodge flash, seems to be pretty regular, do the deletes, and enjoy your truck.

· Registered
93 Posts
i believe its the egr kicking on..........my truck did it all the time...unplug your egr and itll be good as new!!! kinda........bu better lol :thumbsup:

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...just one more confirmation for me to follow through with the impending deletes!! Bye-bye egr - lol!

pr400ex, how do your egt's look running the xrt 175? accelerating? cruising? and towing?

· Registered
297 Posts
Just had my truck at the stealership for some work and they flashed it and now mine is doing what you described .didn't have any probs with the deletes in place

· Registered
317 Posts
IMO take your truck to the stealership , have them clean the turbo, then you delete all the EPA regulatory systems (JUNK) off your truck. Trust me I've had 3 turbos changed out but after all my deletes , my truck hasnt seen the dealer for engine/turbo/EPA scam systems.

· Registered
238 Posts
I would be curious too. Mine does it and so does my dad's 08.

· Registered
947 Posts
Does the stealership do the cleaning as a warranty service or do i have to pay for it? Cause mine is going in for this problem AGAIN monday......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.