Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with their fold out mirrors vibrating while driving down the highway? Is this common?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I dont notice a huge vibration.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I haven't had a problem with that either.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Yeah I've taken mine in for that once already and it was my passenger mirror......mirror was comin loose from the door......they had to remove the door panel to tighten it back up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
huh... my drivers window also rattles like a snake when half open... not to happy right now...

·
Registered
144 Posts
ya both of mine will vibrate when i drive down the highway, road and even when it idles...my dad has an 07 and they will vibrate too so i thinks it a common thing

·
Registered
991 Posts
mine rattle a bit when im driving like 60+, but nothing i cant handle. towing mirrors on my old ford did the same thing.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Anyone else having issues with their fold out mirrors vibrating while driving down the highway? Is this common?
Ive never owned a truck with tow mirrors that didnt vibrate at highway speedsand this is my fourth truck. Add a set of aggresive mud tires and watch them suckers dance :lol3:

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah my dads 03 passenger mirror did but i think that was caused because my step mom hit it on the side of the garage. i hatted driving his truck at night because when it vibrated i would think there was a cop behind me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine vibrate 65+ and get even worse when the tow mirrors are pulled out, but never so bad i cant see out of it. I get by.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a common problem then. Now the window shouldn't be shaking !! My 06 was solid...:thumbsup

·
Registered
16 Posts
actually I have a question, I have noticed like 4 different types of mirrors on Dodges...the ones like the factory Fords (small mirror) then I have seen the big mirrors that are vertical (more like the fords towing mirrors), also have seen some that are the horizontal ones (see a lot of those) and then I had seen one actually really close to the ford mirrors that had what looked like a turn signal/running light on it....which of these is the towing mirrors as I was thinking of getting them on my truck when I order it..was thinking of an 08 but really like the interior of the 09's and my salesman had said he is under the impression that the 09 2500's will be the same as the 1500 on the interior....now granted the mirrors can change but which one of those mirrors is for the 08's????

·
Registered
245 Posts
mine have a little shake when im listening to some rap or rock wit my subs turned up, nothin to worry bout i say, jus my .02

·
Registered
16 Posts
actually I have a question, I have noticed like 4 different types of mirrors on Dodges...the ones like the factory Fords (small mirror) then I have seen the big mirrors that are vertical (more like the fords towing mirrors), also have seen some that are the horizontal ones (see a lot of those) and then I had seen one actually really close to the ford mirrors that had what looked like a turn signal/running light on it....which of these is the towing mirrors as I was thinking of getting them on my truck when I order it..was thinking of an 08 but really like the interior of the 09's and my salesman had said he is under the impression that the 09 2500's will be the same as the 1500 on the interior....now granted the mirrors can change but which one of those mirrors is for the 08's????
Nevermind I figured out one of my questions, the one set of mirrors rotate so that answers that...lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's pretty normal on a truck anyway you look at it, and you do have to consider that they are hanging off the truck almost 18", so...

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
my driver side vibrates more than the passenger side. I have noticed that the exhaust vibrates more than on my 04.5 did

1 - 16 of 16 Posts