Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont start my new job til June 1st so I have a week to kill.
I never was the kid sittin inside playin video games.
I'm outside tinkerin with stuff all the time. Even when I get off work in the evevnings, I'm straight to the shop tryin to build somethin, Big or small if it entertains me, Ima do it.

so here's what I bought while I was at the coast. Its a tiny little 2nd Gen dodge 4x4. It was a 1500 Gaser... so This morning I pulled the gasoline engine out and converted it to a CUMMINS!!! threw some stacks on it and she's good to go. EVEN BLOWS BLACK SMOKE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stacks are McDonald's soda straws, 1/4" opening, 1" tall miter cut, painted black. Smoke: 2 pieces of MIG welding wire, Cut and bent for smoke support
Smoke: Cotton that I formed and painted flat black.
Shoved one end in the stacks with a tooth pick and a lil super glue
to keep it from fallin out.
I tried so hard to find something that was chrome but had no luck. But I think it turned out pretty good... no where near finished...
gotta add dually fenders and find 2 more tires to put on the back,
then get some cab lights and black them out as well.
But thats enough for today... Oh!! the doors open too, even the tailgate drops!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I've got enough alcohol in the bed of that poor truck to last a life time
I had to let the tail gate down to hold it all.

gotta download the pic real quick...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

and one more pic I forgot. My other mini

·
Registered
384 Posts
lol thats a sweet lil truck! i was i had that much free time!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol thats a sweet lil truck! i was i had that much free time!
You gotta make your own "Free Time".
Dont turn your TV on when you get off work and see how much "Free Time" you can find... It'd suprise you.
Every minute of your life is "Free Time"......

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
At work i usually work pretty hard, so when i come home i wanna relax.

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
Just dont let Beerplay drive it with that ice chest in the back, they will kick you off the track. And I think you need to dial the fuel down some or get more air too it, thats some wicked smoke :lol4:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You get used to workin hard after awhile. I work pretty hard myself.
Weldin on 18wheeler trailers and chaingin tires all day will wear you out pretty quick. but I cant go home and do nothin. I hate bein inside, drives me crazy. Guess thats why I got the lap top on the porch lol...

but ya lol. thats quite a bit of smoke. its cause the drive shaft is formed into the body... it cant turn so the engine constantly has a strain on it.. lmao

·
Registered
384 Posts
ya i know what ya man by i have to make my free time. i get home at four during the week after school then work in the garage mostly on lil stuff that has to be done or my dads semis. but i guess you could say thats my free time in a way :confused013:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts