Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a reasonably priced mini max for sale and its new from a store but my question is do I need an unlock code? All my emission stuff is off already and I need a different tuner. Do our trucks require an unlock code because I didn't see one on h and s website only one I saw was a high sulfer unlock which I don't even know what that is. But if it's new out of the box do I need an unlock code or will it be good to go out of the box to take care of ally deletes

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If it's a race tuner, then it has deletes, if it's a street tuner in need mcc unlock, what's the part number on it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought a 2008 dodge 6.7 Cummins that came with a mini maxx. it had both options to add codes. I unlock the trans with no problem but I bought the high sulfur code it will not work says its unsuccessful. any ideas why it wont take the code? thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm new to the Mini Maxx world myself, but a word of advice... Whatever you do, do not use the updater that you will get linked to on the net, it will brick your tuner according to a lot of people who have posted their experiences. What is the current firmware and tune version on the tuner? It should be on show settings screen in the main menu page.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes it shows it under the show setting screen, but once u put the code in is says unsuccessfull, so the guy i bought the high sulfer code from told me to put my truck back to stock and reinstall the tune and try it again. Lol. Any other way to get the code to work? This other guy asked me if I get a emissions equipment question when I install it. But I dnt think I never say that come up

·
Registered
28 Posts
And thanks for the heads up on the fireware,. Can I get a custom tune and will that take care if my issues?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only tunes I am aware of are what people will give you or link you to on their dropbox, or send you in a zip file, other than those on the actual SD card in your tuner. I have some links to tunes saved, but all are older versions (36) or (40) than what I currently have (46) on my SD already.

Is this the link you used for the unlock code? I used them for my trans unlock, and it worked perfect. I ask, because some have said there are people ripping folks off on ebay and other places for an unlock code!

You have a tune on there now that you have been running? Does it say Mild, Wild or Hot in bottom Right corner? Later updates will say Stock, Tow, Street and Performance. I assume, since it asked you for an unlock code, it is an older tune version and firmware on the Mini Maxx itself. That's why I was asking what the SETTINGS screen from the Main Menu says? For instance, mine says my vehicle, shows my VIN number and on down shows HW-1.5, then SW-1.03.1, then TV-6.8.47 then MILD W/Turbo
Tune Status: Installed.
It should ask you if you have emissions in place the first time you go through the install download screen, if you have never done a different tune or whatever. It will ask if the DPF or emissions are in place on the vehicle, and you choose yes or no. That will tell the tuner which software to install when it gets to that point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It says stock tow street profromace.

Mines says 6.7.50

Bought the code of this guy. We even talked over phone. Gave me my refund back.. but the code will not work. Says unsecsefull. Do you have an update that wint break my mini maxx??

So my question is...if i buy the mcc tuning code so I can do custom tunes. Will it work even if i dnt have high sulfur code unlock. UK Ssense the high sulfur codes not working for me. And ik somebdy that is tuning mini maxx right now. Idk how good he is but I'm goin to give him a try lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow. Keep us updated!

I would like to find the non ATT program, and mine is only at .47, which I thought was the latest. Where do you plan to get the MCC unlock from, as I was actually sitting on the computer researching it right as you responded. I did not need an unlock code, as I am pretty sure I got one of the bootlegged versions of the tuner because I just purchased it recently before realizing H&S was out. It is the Race version I guess, as it did not require an unlock code for the high sulfer tunes. First one didn't load, but they sent me a second and it has worked great, even took the Trans tune unlock I purchased, and loaded the high sulfer tunes when my DPF fell off last week. Just need to get the turbo to quit spooling up so fast so I can actually use all of the rpm range and mash the pedal and not worry about popping a head gasket.
And I'm not sure the MCC will care if you have unlock or not because you will load the MCC custom file from your custom tuning folder from the Install Download screen. Would probably need someone with more knowledge to confirm that though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts