Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help. I've been searching posts since Friday.
I just installed a H&S Mini Maxx, in my 2012 Ram 3500. Right now I am running it on stock tune - DPF installed, (waiting on my pipe) all is fine with the MM installed. My question and what I've been searching for is, Can I go ahead and do the EGR delete and still use my truck while waiting on the exhaust to get here? I hoping to get the EGR done and be 1 step closer to the complete delete being done while I have time on my hands.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Can you be more specific, Running High Sulphur or Emissions intacked low sulphur that you loaded?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you be more specific, Running High Sulphur or Emissions intacked low sulphur that you loaded?
Right now I downloaded DPF present, My exhaust wont be here till the end of the week. So I thought I would do the EGR delete while waiting for the exhaust to arrive. I do know that I had a EGR code when I installed the Mini Maxx but as soon as I did the download and started the truck the code (P049d)and the CEL light was gone and hasnt returned.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
You will get CEL removing/disconnecting your EGR then.
Your model year was touch and go for a possible de rate.
Don’t be using the stock power setting if your running default timing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will get CEL removing/disconnecting your EGR then.
Your model year was touch and go for a possible de rate.
Don’t be using the stock power setting if your running default timing.
Thanks for the replies. I spent a bit of time just pulling some of the heat shields on the EGR system and the crossover pipe bolt that people say is tough to get off. Just got done cleaning the engine compartment. Just trying to get ahead of things while waiting on the rest of the exhaust. having the EGR kit and pipe sitting on the bench is getting to me. can I switch the power setting to tow with the MM set to DPF installed.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Your safer running on tow. There is not enough fuel on the stock setting even with timing set to (1). Certainty don’t run default and stock power.

Reactions: Khewitt

·
Registered
304 Posts
Turn off those defuels too if you run them. Asking for trouble, it pulls the fueling but leaves the timing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have everything done to my truck. I have the stock downpipe and Muffler and tailpipe still on the truck, I added a delete pipe and EGR delete. After a lot of searching and reading the 2 pictures show what I am running on the MM. I looking for mileage mostly. Is this a good set up for daily driving? the stock tune just felt like not much of an improvement,, Any suggestions for changes would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
What timing did you choose? When I ran Tow and Timing (2) it had more than enough power. That is the closest to stock as you can get and safest. If your looking for more. Street and timing 3 will wake it up a little more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What timing did you choose? When I ran Tow and Timing (2) it had more than enough power. That is the closest to stock as you can get and safest. If your looking for more. Street and timing 3 will wake it up a little more.
I saw your post where you had run Tow and timing 2 for about 40,000 miles. So I went out to the truck and set to that setting, I see your replies to those like myself that are searching for answers to our questions, Now I'm in search of how I can change the Turbo setting so its not on ATT, unless you think Im ok with that.. I like the way the truck is running now but dont know how the ATT will do when I tow our 14K 5th wheel.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I personally wouldn't run the aggressive turbo tunes. I went straight into custom MCC tunes with my mini maxx after reading about all the troubles with the box tunes. When I tried the ATT tune it was boosting way too high for my liking. To me you are asking for trouble driving like that empty, let alone towing.

There was a thread on here that had a link to a hosting site that had all of the old H&S downloads but I can't seem to come across it. You may be hard pressed to find the non-ATT mild files these days. If you do come across files make sure to make a copy of your current SD card before trying anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally wouldn't run the aggressive turbo tunes. I went straight into custom MCC tunes with my mini maxx after reading about all the troubles with the box tunes. When I tried the ATT tune it was boosting way too high for my liking. To me you are asking for trouble driving like that empty, let alone towing.

There was a thread on here that had a link to a hosting site that had all of the old H&S downloads but I can't seem to come across it. You may be hard pressed to find the non-ATT mild files these days. If you do come across files make sure to make a copy of your current SD card before trying anything.
Yep I have the tunes thanks to a member on here. I had to get some SD cards and will be backing up the original tune and downloading the non ATT and OD trans tune today. Now the only thing I have left to do is find a pyro harness and I should be finished for a while..

Reactions: Andy2500
1 - 12 of 12 Posts