Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the forum but have been reading it for quite a while. With my 08 dodge 6.7 being stock for about 2 years i finally decided to do the deletes I bought a mini maxx, s&b intake and 5 in straight exhaust and wow what a difference H&S performance is amazingg! will have to say one thing and to answer alot of people questions about black smoke my mini maxx came already tuned with agressive turbo timing on it and i was seeing hardly any smoke i talked to a guy at H&S and he told me the tunes were smoke free and if i did get any smoke it would be with the agressive turbo tuning, which for one is completely bs. downloaded the no turbo tuning and get tons of smoke! It is a great product! but as far as my experience with there customer service it was horrible. With that being said the people on here that were not getting any smoke it is probably because your tuner alreadu came with the agressive turbo tuning.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just installed my mini yesterday so far I'm loving it.

I've talked with Casey at h&s many times and he always has an answer for me.

My mini max is version: sw-1.01.0 tv-6.723 m175 w/ turbo.
I guess my mini has aggressive turbo timing as well. I emailed him about the software version and he said it was standard for the mini. Mild tune is 60hp increase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats what mine was but the aggresive turbo timing is good i just wanted more smoke so i went online and downloaded the no turbo timing .

·
Registered
263 Posts
why more smoke your just runnin rich and wasting fuel....just my 2cents maybe i'm wrong..........enlighten meee

·
Registered
282 Posts
Please "enlighten" me on H&S's "horrible" customer service... Casey and his crew have always been top notch it that department. I think your blowin smoke and it ain't out of your truck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O im sorry i thought i did explain but to say again the guy was really short with me and he is the one that told me that there tune was smoke free and if i was going to blow any smoke it would be on the aggresive turbo timing. Which he was wrong if ur going to get any smoke it would be on the no turbo timing. I tried to explain to him that but he disagreed well went home downloaded the no turbo timing and boom theres my smoke. and for the other guy im tired of ppl sayin all this wasted fuel crap with smoke and whatever i dont need to get lectured on why i want to blow smoke its cool maybe u should try it sometime it might take the stick out of ur .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Go ahead and drive around and blow your smoke.... I hope your headgasket "blows" just like your attitude! :thumbsup: What a waste of a thread.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Go ahead and drive around and blow your smoke.... I hope your headgasket "blows" just like your attitude! :thumbsup: What a waste of a thread.
:agree2::agree2::agree2:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i must say that H&S has a great rep on this forum. i have talked to them several times personally and feel their customer service is unbeatable. maybe you caught the "guy" on a bad day (we all have them). or maybe the "guy" is tired of fielding questions about why their truck isn't blowing smoke. if you did your research on this and other forums about the available tuners, you'd have quickly realized that the H&S tunes are pretty clean tunes overall. i am not the smoke police, but you do realize that a smoke tune is nothing more than an inefficient waste of resources. i liken the smoke blowers to the kindergartner that has to have all of the attention all of the time. their is usually something lacking!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20CUMMINS09
Go ahead and drive around and blow your smoke.... I hope your headgasket "blows" just like your attitude! What a waste of a thread.

Dude...lighten up a little...everyone has a bad day but to go and bash thier customer service... not fair and totally uncalled for.

The crew at H&S has my support...Great job guys!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All im sayin is the guy didnt know what he was talkin about. And 2 by the sound of all of you u guys mise well go and marry these guys.

·
Registered
168 Posts
All im sayin is the guy didnt know what he was talkin about. And 2 by the sound of all of you u guys mise well go and marry these guys.
You should really go else where with this because nobody wants to hear this here...H&S Customer Support has been top notch every time that I have had any issues or even the smallest of questions. So take it else where.

Hi im new to the forum but have been reading it for quite a while. With my 08 dodge 6.7 being stock for about 2 years i finally decided to do the deletes I bought a mini maxx, s&b intake and 5 in straight exhaust and wow what a difference H&S performance is amazingg! will have to say one thing and to answer alot of people questions about black smoke my mini maxx came already tuned with agressive turbo timing on it and i was seeing hardly any smoke i talked to a guy at H&S and he told me the tunes were smoke free and if i did get any smoke it would be with the agressive turbo tuning, which for one is completely bs. downloaded the no turbo tuning and get tons of smoke! It is a great product! but as far as my experience with there customer service it was horrible. With that being said the people on here that were not getting any smoke it is probably because your tuner alreadu came with the agressive turbo tuning.
Why would you bash the company of the product that you like? Your quote is "H&S performance is amazingg"...then immediately you start bashing their customer support...You will need them one day and they will still be there for you when you do regardless of you bashing them...so keep the bs to yourself

·
Registered
282 Posts
:ditto::ditto::ditto:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O im sorry i cant like a product but dislike there customer service, i didnt know u were my dad and if u dont want to here dont keep getting on here. and im just telling my experience so get off my also i did need them and they didnt help so yeah pretty sure i wont be calling back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
O im sorry i cant like a product but dislike there customer service, i didnt know u were my dad and if u dont want to here dont keep getting on here. and im just telling my experience so get off my also i did need them and they didnt help so yeah pretty sure i wont be calling back.
Seriously kid, you called complaining that you weren't blowing smoke...I wouldn't have helped you either because as you can read numerous times on here and just about anybody that cares about their diesel and the sport, little punk kids smoking everybody out is what gives diesel owners a bad name. Also, stay in school and learn how to spell. This thread is not constuctive anymore and should probably end. :buttkick::rof

·
Registered
282 Posts
It was never constructive... If all you wanted is your truck to smoke why didn't you just install a smoke switch and call it good?:confused013: Oh by the way,
one question for H&S... Will you marry me??? :rof:hehe::rof

Reactions: POLCTD

·
Registered
168 Posts
It was never constructive... If all you wanted is your truck to smoke why didn't you just install a smoke switch and call it good?:confused013: Oh by the way,
:hehe::rof:agree2:

·
White Lightning
12,079 Posts
Oh by the way,
Someone from H&S "mise" take ya up on that!!!!!!!!! :rof :hehe:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Please "enlighten" me on H&S's "horrible" customer service... Casey and his crew have always been top notch it that department. I think your blowin smoke and it ain't out of your truck!
:agree2::agree2::agree2::spank:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts