Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an H&S Mini Maxx for a really good price so I could do on-the-fly tune switching. It's using the last version of the software available from H&S. Initially, it worked great. I wanted to tweak some settings so I set my truck back to stock, and then went back through the download process. When it finished I attempted to drive my truck and noticed that it had a really hard time starting, my gear position doesn't show up on the display at all (Drive, Reverse, etc), and the truck feels like it is in limp mode, like the transmission is slipping. It drove completely fine before.

I think I may have accidentally selected the option to remove Torque Management. I've gone through the process to setting the truck back to stock and re-downloading the software, but it seems to be suck with the torque management removed.

Has anyone experienced this or have any insight into what I can do to get it back to stock? Any help or advice would really be appreciated.

Truck is currently a mediocre lawn ornament. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
763 Posts
I first started with a Mini and I don't recall any parameters that removed torque management. There was a post a couple two or three weeks ago about the shift positions not illuminating along with no-start, and it was an easy fix but my 70 Y.O. brain can't remember what it was. Anyway, it had nothing to do with a tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I first started with a Mini and I don't recall any parameters that removed torque management. There was a post a couple two or three weeks ago about the shift positions not illuminating along with no-start, and it was an easy fix but my 70 Y.O. brain can't remember what it was. Anyway, it had nothing to do with a tune.
Thanks! I'll do some digging and see if I can find the post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just posting a follow-up here for anyone else that might run into this problem.

When I accidentally selected Remove Torque Management when downloading the tune to my truck it set the truck to think it had a manual transmission. At that point, it was stuck thinking it was manual, even when reverting the truck to stock. I had to take it into my local shop and they reset the ECU to factory and it still thought it was manual. They ended up having to put the Mini Maxx in recovery mode and manually telling it to install an automatic transmission file. That fixed the problem and they were able to get things back to normal.

·
Vendor
14,918 Posts
TY for posting the fix to the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts