Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between a Mini Maxx and a Smarty Jr. but I cant seem to find what the power levels are for the smarty or the mini maxx. Any help would be great. Also, which tuner adjusts timing the least?.....or is an adjustment in timing hard on the motor over prolonged periods? Do the Mini Maxx or Smarty Jr. have tunes specific for mileage and towing because those two are what I'm interested in, not huge power or smoke....Just enough for my clutch to hold.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Smarty Jr. levels are stock, 30hp, 70hp, and 100hp. Mini maxx levels are 60, 120 and 175hp. I have ran both. I had the mini maxx first and I liked it quite a bit. It did cause my truck to smoke quite a bit on the higher tunes but I did get decent mileage with it.
Now due to an issue that I don't want to get into here, I ended up ditching the mini maxx and I got the Smarty Jr. Now with it, I notice that my truck is quieter and I cannot make it smoke. My fuel mileage isn't quite as good either. With that said, you should look into EFILive. EFILive is the ultimate tuning device that can give you the exact goal you are after whether it be fuel mileage, max horsepower, better towing capabilities, etc. You don't have to do the tuning yourself. You can have it done for you and customized to your liking. I plan on doing this when funds allow me to. There are 2 guys on here that I would trust my truck with on this tuning. They are krazeeun(Ryan Milliken) and davematthews. Try gettin in touch with either or both of them and talk to them about EFILIVE. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts