Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in the process of changing from the HD with turbo to the HD non turbo and realized I had named the files wrong when I downloaded them. I had installed the HD with turbo again. So I deleted the files from my computer and went to the H&S site to download the files. H&S has new files out, 6.8.18, anyway I went to the custom tunes and downloaded the files.

I went through the process of getting the HD non turbo files on my SD card and installed it on the truck. The process was fine. But when I got done and stared the truck the MM reads: Updating Files: Loading files from SD card. After this, the MM goes into its regular start up.

Knowing this isnt right I repeated the whole procedure but got the same results. Now every time I start the truck this is happening. Is this something new with the programs or do I have a problem somewhere.

I am positive I did the install correctly. I updated the firmware first, then installed the download.

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I think I just figured it out. I didnt download the base file first. Going to try that now.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I installed the full SD file and it is still doing it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Call H&S, I don't know if they are open today though!:confused013:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that, they are closed. What would happen if I tried another SD card. I have one I can download the full SD file onto?? Any harm in doing this?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I just updated mine to the 18 and it is doing this also. doesnt seem to hurt anything. it is just hanging on this for about 5 seconds and then it will go into its regular screen. I am guessing it is something in the tuning that maybe isnt right. Maybe this is just how the new tunes are. I dont know, maybe someone from H&S will see this thread and chime in. Everything updated right on yours and mine both, or I dont believe the trucks would be running. Usually if something hangs during the download it will go to recovery mode. Mine went through the whole process of updating without a flaw.

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What I cant understand is.........why it hangs on the updating files- loading files from SD card. If the download went smooth, and we updated firmware, then installed download, the files should have already been taken from the SD card and put on the MINI. Unless H&S is just relying on the SD card now, and not putting ALL the files on the actual tuner memory.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Also.......what is the correct procedure to go BACK on the tuning. Do you just over write the card again like updating or do you need to do something else. Seems to me to go back to say 17, you would have to pull the .18 files from the card, but nothing else. Seems scarry to me. Any advise!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Website says NOT to do that unless directed to by H&S rep. I am gonna leave mine be until I can get someone on here or on the phone from H&S. Seems to run fine and NO codes, so Im not gonna jack with anything. I am like you though, I want to know if this is Normal or not

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Just sent an email........Maybe someone this weekend will find it. if not, I guess we will wait until Monday.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I at least feel better knowing I'm not the only one with this problem. :hehe:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Well I at least feel better knowing I'm not the only one with this problem. :hehe:
Looks like me and you must be the only ones running the 6.8.18 as of right now. Hopefully this is normal or can be fixed easily. H&S may have to come out with 6.8.19 now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Just went for a little drive..........Truck runs awesome, power is smooth, but EGT's seem a little higher at highway speeds. Other than the original question about the initial start up screen, i would say that everything is Good

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Just went for a little drive..........Truck runs awesome, power is smooth, but EGT's seem a little higher at highway speeds. Other than the original question about the initial start up screen, i would say that everything is Good
Which tune were you running previously to the .18?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
was running the 6.8.12 If it isnt hard to go back, i would love to go back to .17, but I have no clue how to go back on tunes. If it is as easy as copy and paste from the older versions without having to do anything else, I would do that. But I dont know what all is involved in going backwards

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was working with .17, trying to go from HD with turbo to HD no turbo.

My truck seems to be running fine as well. Haven't been on the hwy but in town is fine.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
was running the 6.8.12 If it isnt hard to go back, i would love to go back to .17, but I have no clue how to go back on tunes. If it is as easy as copy and paste from the older versions without having to do anything else, I would do that. But I dont know what all is involved in going backwards
Going back on tunes isn't recommended by H&S, with that being said, I have done it once without any problems........to go back a tune, it's the same procedure as updating to new tune.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts