Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can i say iam a idiot, yea i think i got ripped off the mindblower chip i orderd on ebay doesnt work and after the 3 hours they say to let it sit i went for a drive to the grocery store ,went in and came out and my cummins wouldnt start i tried 3 times then it went, now the engine light is on , but last it quit comming out of kamloops bc canada going up a pretty good grade of hill, it just quit, i think maybe the chip i have in it is proberly the problem, its a older bullydog puck 65 hp but i turned the key of a few times and it fired up after 3 or 4 times, was wounder if any body out there had the same problem, our any advice would surely help me right now becouse the engine light is still on thanks boys:doh:

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts
Not to be rude but please throw that "mindblower" away and get yourself a real programmer/box. Those things are the biggest scam out there (okay maybe not the biggest) and are nothing but a box with wires coming out of them. Remove it, clear your codes, relax and get something else like an Edge, Quadzilla, or even just a Smarty.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about last though,it never did that before, that woulnt becouse of the egt's would it? i never hooked the mindblower untill today, could it be the bullydog acting up? with out the bullydog my truck is just not the same, as i got 4 inch st pipe, and a bhf and a new tranny but going to replace the tourqe conv with a billet type in the spring , i do like the edge it worked awsome in my 99 cummins my truck now is a 2002 thanks how do i clear codes?

·
Registered
425 Posts
It was the mind blower, another guy had a thread about about a week ago. It is just a resistor inside a plastic case. Throw it away and consider it a lesson learned.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will thanks

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts
what about last though,it never did that before, that woulnt becouse of the egt's would it? i never hooked the mindblower untill today, could it be the bullydog acting up? with out the bullydog my truck is just not the same, as i got 4 inch st pipe, and a bhf and a new tranny but going to replace the tourqe conv with a billet type in the spring , i do like the edge it worked awsome in my 99 cummins my truck now is a 2002 thanks how do i clear codes?
No not b/c of EGTs, my guess would be overboost or something with the MAP. Without a code, hard to say what it is. You can read the codes in the odometer by turning the key ON-off-On-off-ON. To clear them you need a code reader or just take it to Autozone.:thumbsup:

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
sorry you got hosed man. people like that are ruining ebay

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I think you can clear the codes by disconecting the batteries for a half hour aswell.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll rip it out tommorow but the conection are still on the wires , should i leave them on

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would remove all of it.

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,153 Posts
Give the seller on eBay some extremely negative feedback..

·
Kansas Chapter VP
5,400 Posts
I think you can clear the codes by disconecting the batteries for a half hour aswell.
I would remove all of it.
I'm not sure if discounecting the batteries will clear a hard code or not?:confused013: You could try it.

I agree, get everything that was part of that "thing" out of there!!:thumbsup:

And leave some negative feedback and file with Paypal to get your money back. Just say it was as described b/c it wasn't!:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts