Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my fuel guage isnt real accurate so i was wondering what people where getting per tank of fuel. i have a stock tank and my pump is a little turned up so ill try to make a good guess based on what you all are getting. thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I get 500 running light. 400 with the camper on it and pulling the trailer. (That is when the light comes on and usually takes 27 gallons. I've never run it out and don't know how many gallon the tank is. My manuals state 2 different capacities.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
400 is a good figure but I have gotten less towing or playing around.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Even with playin around a here and there I am averaging about 500 or a lil better

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
dang you guys are getting 500 miles!
I get 500 kms (300 or so miles)! well that sucks... I'm getting 13-14 mpg right now but it's exclusively city driving though.

Also, at the most I've ony ever put in 95 litres which equates to about 25 gallons

I've read our trucks have 30 gallon tanks so 27 gallons is probably getting down there :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
600 easy! as long as I keep it at 65 or under.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i also get about 500 miles a tank(its all stock) and its about 15 mpg.:beer

·
Registered
596 Posts
Best I ever got was 17 mpg and thats on the highway. I usually get around 400 miles a tank my gauge doesnt work at all so I use the fuel light and my odometer.

·
Registered
833 Posts
575 or so...yeps its a USA Truck in Miles!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a little better than 500 miles, the truck only had around 15,000 miles on it then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i do around 500 to 525 depending on how hard i smash the pedal in town.... and about 600 or so at 70mph :woot:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome. because the PO told be fill fill up at 300 and i was doing so and only putting in like 8-10 gallons and i was like..."this cant be right" my fuel guage is only accurate above a half tank. and there is a low fuel light? thats good news! haha. will it work even though my guage is finiky?

·
Registered
520 Posts
The low fuel light is in the middle of the control console in the dash. I consider it on when it stays on solid and doesn't go out after a minute. (it will go on when stopping initially) PO used to claim 600 miles on the truck, but I've never seen it with area fuel. I did get 575 once getting fuel in Farmington NM and slow cruising through the mountains for a few days. I know I can push to 550 when the light goes on if I HAVE to. (running light) I get 15 to 18.5 mpg depending on driving style/load.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah. i asume most of you guys have auto or 4x4's also right? i have a 2 wheel drive with a getrag, so i proaly should do well. i dont see alot of 2wheel drive 5 speeds.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My last fill up (it was to the base of the gooseneck) i got 575 Miles out of the tank by the time the light came on.

FYI i have a 34 gallon Tank and the light is set to come on at 1/8th a tank (according to the owners manual) so as a ruff estimate thats 19 MPG. I also run 2 stroke oil and will get on it every now and then.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how do i find out the size of my tank?

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive got 3 600-615 mile tanks and workin on a 4th all highway no load miles, running between 65-70 not bad for a 08 6.7 if you ask me also only have 8000 miles on it!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone running 4.10's and a nv4500? I am only getting about 250 miles to a tank. Thats around 10mpg! That sucks when it costs $100 just to get it up to 3/4 tank.
DS79

1 - 20 of 37 Posts