Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a cummins. I want either an 03 or an 04 I was wondering what mileage is to high form them. Im finding a lot with 120,00 to 180,00 and what is a good price for one?

·
Registered
509 Posts
:stirpot: well you will get a/b 1 million diff. opinoins on that subject. the best place to go is to New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Values & Car Prices - Kelley Blue Book every area is different. i gave 18,500 for my 05 with 45k miles 3 months ago, but you can also go to eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices or New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars at AutoTrader.com, that will tell you the going rates. also.. texas has ALOT of those trucks, that were i was going to get one but found this one close to home.. the lower the mileage the better off you will be problem wise or well should be lower mileage = more $ good luck.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks a lot. I don't know a whole lot about cummins, just that I want one. And don't want screwed. I've heard texas is the place to go but ill be stationed in Wyoming so i dont know how ill get it there

·
Registered
509 Posts
most of the dealers will work with you on shipping, one dealer was only going to charge me $500 to ship from texas and they were in dallas, so they will work with you if you are willing to buy... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
As mentioned prices will vary by region. Here in the midwest (Ohio, PA, WV, IN) prices were through the roof when I was looking. I knew I wanted a 3rd gen but I liked the 05-07 best and they were about $22-23.5K for anything less than 100K miles on them.

I ended up looking at TX and anywhere they don't use salt on the roads and found one in Montrose, CO. I checked on shipping and it was going to be anywhere between $800-1800 to ship to OH. The less expensive the worse the BBB ratings. I ended up getting a one-way ticket into Grand Junction for less than half of the lowest shipping quote and with fuel cost on the way back I was still less than the lowest quote.

The guys down in TX seem like they are pro's when it comes to this stuff though. I see TONS of them on Ebay and cartrader.

Good luck shopping for your truck. It's fun but can be frustrating at times. Hopefully you're not in a hurry, you snag some deals if you are patient. A friend picked up an 03 dually QC w/ less than 70K miles for $15k in NM where he lives. They're out there, just got to find them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Be patient and read on this forum for a few weeks before you jump the gun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I found one. It's a 2003 and it has 150,800 miles on it. They want 15,900 for it and it's in Sublette, Kansas so it's a 7 hr drive from where ill be stationed in Wyoming. I don't want to jump the gun but also don't want to miss a good deal

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought 2006 mega cab Larimie with 111,000 miles on it. It also has banks exhaust and a AFE cold air induction. It has Michelin LXT tires. I paid $18k, in the Dallas area.

So far I am loving this truck!:party018:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Doesn't seem like that mch of a deal to drive 7 hrs to go get it.. keep looking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scratch that I found the one I deff am gettin it's a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L REG. CAB DIESEL 4X4. They want 15788 for it. 5.9 liter, 359 cubic inches, 305 horsepower @ 2900 rpm, 555 torque @ 1600 rpm. It's equipped with 35" Hankook tires 17" Custom wheels 4" Lift New floor mats New oil & filter Goose neck Double smoke stack New CD player
Towing hitch. I'm thinking i'm going to bite on this one. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
do u really want a single cab? the 555 cummins motor is a great motor but its important that u look at everything and do your research. not buy something just because you really really want it or whatever, I did this when i was a new Airman and it sucked in the long run bc i was out almost 10000 because of it. Find 'THE' truck u want exactly, dont settle for less

Reactions: AmnShirley

·
Registered
450 Posts
Scratch that I found the one I deff am gettin it's a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L REG. CAB DIESEL 4X4. They want 15788 for it. 5.9 liter, 359 cubic inches, 305 horsepower @ 2900 rpm, 555 torque @ 1600 rpm. It's equipped with 35" Hankook tires 17" Custom wheels 4" Lift New floor mats New oil & filter Goose neck Double smoke stack New CD player
Towing hitch. I'm thinking i'm going to bite on this one. Any opinions?
What's the mileage on it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm with calebZ. Do you REALLY want a reg cab? trust me, it's nice to be able to get your gear AND a friend or 2 inside the truck, especially since you're gonna be in Wy. just an opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts