Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i installed my mp-8 a couple weeks ago and on the over head sometimes it shows up to 22mpg, but i hand calculated it the other day and it was actually getting a little worse. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
669 Posts
My overhead has never been right on, sometimes its way off, but never to the good side, even before I installed the XZT tow box. I just use the overhead to see how warm it is out, thats all its good for.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
What are you actually getting?

Your other mods may have maxed up out, it's only going to go up so far...you're still pushing a 4 ton brick down the road ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No im saying it was getting worse then when i put the mp-8 on.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
What level are you running on ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm running the same set up you are and milage is a lot better. If you can tell you have the mp-8 on the truck your milage will be bad. Try drivin like your 65 and half blind that what i do.

·
Registered
738 Posts
i'm running the same set up you are and milage is a lot better. If you can tell you have the mp-8 on the truck your milage will be bad. Try drivin like your 65 and half blind that what i do.
Cruise control on at 65 i am seeing 23.9mpg on ovhd, did 600mi and got 21.6 hand calculated. Not bad, cause I had a 600lb quad in the bed, towing 2 dirtbikes on a bike trailer, and 3 people in the truck.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im running the juice on level 3 and the mp-8 on about 75%. I tried the juice on level 1 and mp-8 on about 25% and it went down a little. Driving 270mi at 70mph before the mp-8 i was getting 16 and the overhead was showing 16.3. With the mp-8 the overhead showed as high as 24, averaged out at 20. But im afraid to hand calculate it because i was usually seeing a little less then a half a tank when i got home, and now im seeing barely over a 1/4, so i know its a lot worse then before.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I dont get how those are not better numbers. You said you got 16 before and 20 now with the MP-8? Am i reading it wrong? I get the best mileage with the edge on 5 and the MP-8 on 90%

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what the overhead shows i havent hand calculated it since i put the mp-8 on but judging by how much my fuel gauge shows i dont want to. Before the mp-8 i was getting 16...after the mp-8 (overhead is showing) 20mpg. But thats just the overhead what makes me think im not getting as good is the fuel guage, before 1/2 a tank after mp-8 1/4 same trip same miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts