Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive posted before but recently my fuel mileage went wayyyy down I was getting 400-430 to a tank now I'm lucky to get 300. I have 200s a super 40, intake, 4" exhaust and quad ADR. I have no clue how I lost 100 miles to a tank!!:confused013:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
i blew out an injector partiall,y and it was leaking that got me off about 100, i was almost 500 to a tank, now if im lucky 300

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
drastic temperature change near you? always the same fuel?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i blew out an injector partiall,y and it was leaking that got me off about 100, i was almost 500 to a tank, now if im lucky 300
Eg ? Leaking externally ? Out the lines ?

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Eg ? Leaking externally ? Out the lines ?
I had to pass someone and pedal to the flor syndrome, and never ever saw my cummins run to 3,200rpm's berfore.

that was the day mileage started going down hill from there.

now when it gets below 45 out or i leave the truck unplugged she is hard starting, and smokes like hell.

I can get coal to come out blue white and smoke like crazy.

but leave it plugged in and its fine.

( shot thee xhaust and the number 5 cylinder runs about 20-40 degrees cooler then 4 and 6.

Did i mention if i don't drive it for 24 hours i have to bleed the truck? yep, all because i passed an a hole on a road:banghead:

Stupid new drivers, i saw his RED sticker, so i guess Kylees law is useful for us to see who to stay away from:rof

·
Registered
376 Posts
my guess would be winter-blend fuel. it hit my milage: i was at 16mpg, now im around 12-13 just because of the winter fuel. im sure my junk transmission isnt helping one bit though:banghead:

·
Registered
22 Posts
id check the injectors.. the cylinders should run close to the same temp... that or you possibly need a air dog or fass fuel sytem... with 200hp injectors / airdog 150 / ATS manifold / 4inch down pipe into single 5inch stack / air intake / quadzilla adrenalin with pulse and running on 33's the truck turned on fuel saver will get 19 in town and 24 highway/ it seems to run 20mpg in town if you leave the chip on 3... if you really wana talk MPG'S when i hook the smarty up on it and turn it on extreme and the quadzilla on 10 if you run it driving normal it will never go under 27... tell me how that makes sense???? with them turned up on highway it willl get 30mpg all day long... beating the hell out of it never not leaving a cloud with both chips up it will never under 22mpg... either that gauge is messed up in the truck or it just loves fuel...

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
i would check tires, make sure your tires are like 60-65psi, athough i rin 75 front and 65 rear,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My tires are at 45 because I noticed when I had them at 65 they were wearing the inside and not the out so I dropped them down. And I change up on fuel. I usually go to different places. And it's been about 20-38 degrees here recently.

·
Registered
203 Posts
@goinbroke: When you say you are getting 30mpg are you hand calculating or are you going by the overhead console? Also, turning the smarty and adrenaline all the way up will probably cause problems sooner than later. Both the smarty and quadzilla add timing. Two timing boxes = bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Using a scan tool you can shut the injectors off individually and see if there is a change in rpm. White smoke is unburned fuel, do you see a bunch of white smoke on startup? You may have a injector partially stuck open or possibly a compression(internal engine) issue.

·
Registered
567 Posts
if your in a cold climate the diesel additives they add in winter kill mileage

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
Ive posted before but recently my fuel mileage went wayyyy down I was getting 400-430 to a tank now I'm lucky to get 300. I have 200s a super 40, intake, 4" exhaust and quad ADR. I have no clue how I lost 100 miles to a tank!!:confused013:
Fill out your signature with all your mods, including your trans and your tire size. If you have an auto, and nothing done to it... then you have your answer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@goinbroke: When you say you are getting 30mpg are you hand calculating or are you going by the overhead console? Also, turning the smarty and adrenaline all the way up will probably cause problems sooner than later. Both the smarty and quadzilla add timing. Two timing boxes = bad.
yea i know to much timming is bad and causes problems... i cant remember the spec's on what is to much timming but between the 2 they dont reach it... but the great thing with the quadzilla is you can turn the timming down or off to were it wont advance the timming when you turn the chip up... the smarty rarely gets put in it... its one of my budys and we only put it in for a half hour or so here and there every great now and then.. only when were feelin frisky and wana scare the out of are selves...

thats what it says on the overhead console... it needs to be actually calculated though and see how close it actually is

1 - 16 of 16 Posts