Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was drivin yesterday, and my MIL came on, i did the key trick and it showed p2262 (turbo boost not detected) and so i cleared it with my flashpaq and the flashpaq said that there was also p0513 (invalid skim key) and p1451 (dpf system performance), they come back after a little drivin, i used the superchips for probly a day with it on performance mode but never beat on it and put it back to stock and that was a month ago, i made an appointment with the dealer on wednesday and i wanted to know if they will notice i programmed it a long time ago, help me out pleeease:pray:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I guess you will have to see if they notice, play dumb until they say something. It might be harder to find, but they should be able to see that the truck was flashed.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
yes play dumb... But the new truck ECM shows every update and reprogram that is done. Atleast that what I have been told!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah ill definetly do that, if they asked why it was flashed i wonder if tellin em i hooked a code reader up and cleared em would work?? but idono i know that alota the 6.7 guys with the p2262 code end up gettin a new turbo, and if my warrenty is voided that will be a problem, hopefully it wont be, i know my dealer isnt that smart considering on my 94 5.9 it took em two weeks to replace the sending unit so hopefully their stupider than i am haha

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Being that its one of the more common codes on a stock truck i dont see a huge issue voiding your warranty. BTW a code reader wouldnt flash the ECM the same as a Programmer.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooo ok, now i got a problem lol thanks for the help guys, id still like more opinions too just for peace of mined...........

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
What they are going to see at the dealership is key cycles and run time.....if you return it to stock it sets those back to 0...that is how they know....if you leave it programmed they will not be able to tell very easy....so leave the superchips programmed....if they end up having to flash your ecm with a update you will lose the program it was set on...but you can download it free on superchips site....that is what I have done with my 08 and they have never been able to tell it was programmed...only if you return it to stock...and if you do that you also lose your stored codes....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Aha! That makes perfect sense. I always worried about not being able to reinstall the programmer sinse it needs the truck info on it to allow you to further program it.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
P2262 is your free turbo pass. Claim at your local dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts