Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Midwest diesel performance rip off

12794 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Ragingbull83
if anyone is near oak grove missouri DO NOT take your diesel to Midwest Diesel Performance! They will rip you off and will not complete your truck until you bring a lawyer into the situation. they had my brothers truck for 3 and a half almost 4 months to replace the number 6 piston and sleeve, all 6 injectors, and the clutch. we called them every day and they kept sayin they were waitin on parts and then once we started taking legal actions all the parts somehow randomly appeared out of thin air. he finally got his truck back yesterday and we started looking things over and they didnt even do anything wit the clutch and they disconnected his pyrometer so he couldnt tell how hot stuff was gettin on the 1 HOUR ride home and then we realized that they did not put any engine coolant in it, not a drop. when my brother told them he was getting a lawyer they said that they have been sued befor and it didnt do any good so bring it on. please take this as a warning, this is not a joke. jus tryin to help everyone out
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
wow. thats a surpirse to hear. i have heard nothing but top notch work from them

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess they have been rippin people off left and right

· Registered
444 Posts
Why didn't you hook the pyro up? You didn't notice the water temp wasn't moving till you got home? You couldn't tell they hadn't done anything to the clutch till you got home? How long has he owned the truck? What is the truck exactly?

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he didnt notice anything till he was on i70 on his way back and he didnt really think to much of it i mean he was so happy to finally have his truck back. he owned the truck for maybe 5 months befor it started having a misfire and its an 05 dodge 2500 cummins

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea im talkin about the one in oak grove, the one landon ownes

· Registered
381 Posts
i wont take my truck there. i know a couple of people who have had the same thing happen. i think they're more interested in gettin their pullin truck worked on then customers

· Registered
508 Posts
I've had problems at all sorts of garages, not just with the CTD. After my step-son picked up my diesel Ranger & lost all the oil on the way home... we check under the hood before starting (would have found wrong filter). Then start & check underneath.
It should not be necessary but a screwed up vehicle is better avoided than attempting to make right.

· Registered
1 Posts
I will also say that they dont do what they are paid for. Soo MANY people i know take there up there and goes wrong. Like a couple months ago, a buddy had a bigger turbo replacement and a few other thing. soon enough, BOOM!

Dont take your there and spread the word.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.