Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 3500 dually 4wd. On my last truck (a 2013 Ram 3500 dually) I had the Michelin LTX MS/2 tires and loved them. They were the best tire I've owned. We full-time in a 17k 40 foot 5th wheel, and those tires handled great in every terrain--from the desert to the snow and ice to the Dalton Highway in Alaska.

Now I need to replace the stock tires on my 2018 and I found that Michelin doesn't make the LTX MS/2 tires anymore. They've been replaced with the CrossClimate.

Has anyone used those? We're going to be spending time in the Northeast this winter so I'm looking for an all-season tire that handles well in ice and snow.

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just purchased 2 for my steer tires a couple weeks ago. I like them, but I’ve only had them on for 20 miles or so. Headed to Yellowstone with the 5er next week. Hopefully I can remember to report back to you what I think of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just purchased 2 for my steer tires a couple weeks ago. I like them, but I’ve only had them on for 20 miles or so. Headed to Yellowstone with the 5er next week. Hopefully I can remember to report back to you what I think of them.

Thanks! I appreciate that. Would love to hear what you think of them after the trip.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It looks like you haven’t received any other replies to this thread so far, but I’m 2k miles into these tires and I’m quite happy. I will most likely be replacing the rears when it come time with the same tires.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just scheduled an appt. to have (6) of these put on my 18. Factory Nexen belts started coming apart.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant to write an update to this post before now, but it slipped my mind.

I got these tires and am really happy. We haven't done much towing since our RV was destroyed in a fire, but I've driven hundreds of miles on wet roads--including through some heavy storms with deep pockets of water in the road, etc--and love the tires. I don't even notice when the road changes from dry to wet. Traction is great, and the wheels cut right through puddles of water without "snagging" or hydroplaning.

I haven't had a chance to try them in snow yet, but so far they are about 1,000,000 times better than the stock tires that slid all over the place on slick roads.

·
Registered
149 Posts
thanks for the update, nice to hear the good report on these tires!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have a 2018 3500 dually 4wd. On my last truck (a 2013 Ram 3500 dually) I had the Michelin LTX MS/2 tires and loved them. They were the best tire I've owned. We full-time in a 17k 40 foot 5th wheel, and those tires handled great in every terrain--from the desert to the snow and ice to the Dalton Highway in Alaska.

Now I need to replace the stock tires on my 2018 and I found that Michelin doesn't make the LTX MS/2 tires anymore. They've been replaced with the CrossClimate.

Has anyone used those? We're going to be spending time in the Northeast this winter so I'm looking for an all-season tire that handles well in ice and snow.

Thanks
I’m still seeing the LTX AT2 on Michelin’s website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts