Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1989 D250 12 valve. The owner had it sitting in a barn for years and mice had gotten inside. I used an ozone machine and that got rid of the smell inside the cab but unfortunately when the ac/heat is on, the smell comes through the vents. I used compressed air and blew out all of the air vents removing a lot of insulation the mice used and poo. I used a hole saw and cut a hole into the heater box and removed all of the mouse stuff in there. I would rather not have to remove the box so I want to try everything else before I may have to. Any suggestions to somehow disinfect and clean the air vents thoroughly without tearing it apart? I’ve looked into the ac duct cleaning foam.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Did you pull the blower out and get in that way also?

I would mix a solution of bleach and soak the heater box as that is probably the main source, it should drain out the condensation drain?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a lot apart today, took the blower motor out and found the source of the smell. Looked like half dried up half wet pee and poo. Cleaned it out, used disinfectant, and cleared all of the mouse house materials I could find. Wow did they have those air vents packed... Running an ozone machine in it right now to hopefully get rid of the smell but if I still smell it I will do the bleach solution. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts