Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Method wheels for my truck. It shows they make a couple different back spacing. I would them to be tucked in under the fender as much as possible.

I'm looking at the 18 x 9 wheel for my truck. Here - https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&wheelMake=Method&wheelModel=MR311+Vex+8-Lug&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&initialPartNumber=MR31189080512NB&GCID=C13674x012-wheel&KEYWORD=wheels_Method_MR311_Vex_8-Lug_Black_Painted_Wheels&code=yes&autoMake=RAM&autoModel=2500+4wd&autoYear=2017&autoModClar=Regular+Cab&checkVehicle=&gclid=CJ677I2k09YCFcNlfgod3ykArg

Its the MR311 Vex

I'm going to put 325/65/18 tires on it from BFG KO2.

I have the carli front arms and 3" springs up front so fitment shouldn't be a problem.

I just can't seem to figure out which offset I need to accomplish what I want. I've been sifting through lots of posts about back spacing but I can't seem to wrap my head around the numbers.

The options look like this 18 x 9 wheel with -12/4.5 or 18 x 9 wheel with 18/5.75. Which one will be under the fender as much as possible/or least amount of tire sticking outside the fender?

Thank you

·
Registered
159 Posts
The 5.75 BS will be the one. The shorter the BS, the more they stick out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Would that backspace work for mine. I have stock suspension and want a heavier load rated tire so going with the 18" rims and either 275/70/18 or 285/70/18 tires.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have 295 70 18 tires wheels are 18x9 with +18 offset, stock height they fit with no rub. Tires is even with fender.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Booomer27 Thank you so is +18 offset same as 5.75-6.00 backspace. I get confused. Backspace, offset .I don't know why but all those numbers just boogle my brain. I like it that your tires stay tucked within the wheel well.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes it is 5.71 backspace. There is a backspace calculator if you type that in on Google it it first link. My tires are about 34.5 tall 11.8 wide. Toyo and nitto have the specs of each tire if you need more info

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Where you guys purchasing the wheels? I'm looking at the Method Mesh and regular spoke satin polished finish. I guess going with polished finish be more upkeep in the snowy salt road grime.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where you guys purchasing the wheels? I'm looking at the Method Mesh and regular spoke satin polished finish. I guess going with polished finish be more upkeep in the snowy salt road grime.
I got mine from Tire Rack. They came mounted and road force balanced at no extra charge.

Here are the results 18x9 Method Wheels 18mm offset / 5.75 back spacing BFG 325/65/18 All Terrain KO2 Tires

Reactions: DBLOCK

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
That could look like my truck because we have identical model except I’m running stock suspension. Good looking truck. Wheels/tires are fitted nicely in the wheel well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts