Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been searching for about a week. I've been trying to find the name, part number or even the inner dimension of the metal antifreeze/coolant line that runs from the heater core under the turbo, along the exhaust manifold to the water pump. Mine has rusted through and sprung a leak. I tried to sand it down and jb weld it because I couldn't find the part. Well that only worked for about two weeks, lol. I did read that someone replaced some with some other kind of line but didnt mention dimensions...any help or advice on where I can find a replacement or a permanent fix would be awesome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Bet that's a cummins part. Local big truck or a Cummins dealer should be Abe to get you the part.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Has anyone else had this problem?

1998.5 24v with remote start. Edge cts juice with attitude and BD-Power Performance Dodge X-Flow Power Intake Elbow. 35" Nitto Terra grapplers. Airdog 100 fuel pump.

1996 12v extended cab bone stock to the best of my knowledge besides 4" exhaust all the way back and a leveling kit. The previous owner said the kdp was tabbed but i have not verified, yet.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Not yet , but the metal pipes will rust and makes me go hmmm.

Change out all the anti freeze every 2 years and they won't rust from the inside out at least.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has fresh antifreeze and rusted from the outside...

1998.5 24v with remote start. Edge cts juice with attitude and BD-Power Performance Dodge X-Flow Power Intake Elbow. 35" Nitto Terra grapplers. Airdog 100 fuel pump.

1996 12v extended cab bone stock to the best of my knowledge besides 4" exhaust all the way back and a leveling kit. The previous owner said the kdp was tabbed but i have not verified, yet.

·
Registered
21,439 Posts
Just show the dealer in in his picture book.

·
Rescue Tower
10,813 Posts
Ok so I've been searching for about a week. I've been trying to find the name, part number or even the inner dimension of the metal antifreeze/coolant line that runs from the heater core under the turbo, along the exhaust manifold to the water pump. Mine has rusted through and sprung a leak. I tried to sand it down and jb weld it because I couldn't find the part. Well that only worked for about two weeks, lol. I did read that someone replaced some with some other kind of line but didnt mention dimensions...any help or advice on where I can find a replacement or a permanent fix would be awesome.

Cummins PN 3943482. Search ebay as a lot of auto recyclers sell parts there.

Reactions: spankey0069

·
Registered
21,439 Posts
That is cool. I figured it was likely a Dodge part rather than engine part.

·
Registered
21,439 Posts
There may be even aftermarket makers of the pipe. I believe it used to be a company called Idleman, or something like that, They make cooling system and heater parts. Check Napa and so on.

Reactions: spankey0069

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I'll post some information on price and where I find it, when I find it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I found the part on factorymoparparts.com for $36 plus shipping. Thanks everyone for the help :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts