Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not able to get the dpf delete cuz of my dealer said it will vid the whole warranty so i was wondering if i just got an intake and chip if it will mess up anything?

·
Registered
738 Posts
You'll be fine. Get an AFE and MP-8, you'll love it. Also get some gauges, or Edge for monitoring. I am also going to do DPF delete only, keeping the stock downpipe and tail piece. They are pretty easy to switch back and forth w/ DPF. Worst case you can change it out before seeing your dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you should check the other dpf deletes on the forum but unless they can prove without a reasonable doubt that an aftermarket part was the cause of the problem they have to honor the warranty

·
Registered
434 Posts
The best place to check with mechanics at is at a Cummins dealership. The majority of the work they do is on big rigs, so they meet the needs of the owners better than a biased dealership...hope that helps.

·
Super Mod
1,470 Posts
If a dealer wants to dig deep enough into the ECM they will find where a chip or intake was installed as well. With anything you do to these trucks aftermarket performance wise is likely to void the warranty. If you play, you pay.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Like jpark said anything voids your warrenty on these trucks cai even a exhaust tip causes them to look close at the exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
With just how bad the dealers are on the Dodge product, it wouldn't surprize me when some of you guys put the bigger tires on them, they didn't void the warranty on you...

I have not ever seen anything like this, at least as bad as the Dodge dealers are. They just go out of their way to look for reasons to void the warranty on these vehicles... They don't pay their techs very well when doing the warranty work either, as compared to the other manufactures either.

I figure the only thing that has saved these Ram Trucks has been the Cummins engine. It sure hasn't been the dealers and their tackfulness with the warranty. I have had first hand experience with this and at more than one place, not to mention all those on the forums all over the WWW that chat about this very subject LOL...

Its really sad too as the truck with this Cummins is one heck of a truck, to bad the dealerships are not up to par with what the truck is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts